Find better matches with our advanced matching system
46 / M / Straight / Single
San Francisco, CA
- Last Online
- Online now!
- 6′ 1″ (1.85m)
- Body Type
- Virgo, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from med school
- Relationship Type
- Doesn’t have kids, but might want them
- English, Spanish (Poorly), Japanese (Poorly)
Some ongoing areas of focus:
Working to become a more and more awesome doctor.
Conceding as little as possible to age. I feel like we get to be all the ages we've ever been, not just the most recent one.
Keeping up - in an amateurish way - with advances in modern physics and cosmology. How about that Higgs Boson, yo?
Playing guitar, recording my music, scheming to get it out into the world.
Being silly, impulsive, in the moment when I don’t have to be serious, restrained, or looking to the future.
Making random little kids smile.
Flipping coasters (I'll show you some time in a bar).
In a t-shirt, the tattoo.
Depends on what your eyes tend to be drawn to.
5) Shows… Archer, True Blood, Futurama, Dexter, Mad Men. Sherlock is getting pretty great in the second season.
4) Food… Japanese (more specific? raw fish, karaage, doteyaki, most of it really). I like my lox and bagels a lot too.
3) Movies… Dead Man (not Dead Man Walking, though I also like that one), The Professional, Rushmore, The Incredibles, Lord of the Rings (extended editions, natch!), Closer, Heat, American Gangster, American History X, Zoolander, Sexy Beast, the most recent incarnations of Batman and Star Trek, Barton Fink, 8-Mile, The Social Network (with that gorgeous Trent Reznor soundtrack)
2) Books… Haruki Murakami (The Wind-up Bird Chronicles), Henry Miller (Tropic of Capricorn). Neal Stephenson. Salman Rushdie. Brian Greene (The Elegant Universe). I've gone and gotten addicted to the Song of Ice and Fire books too.
1) Music… is the best. I like so much different stuff that any little sampling might not fully represent. Hard guitar-based rock performed by talented musicians still holds the deepest place in my musical heart. Trent Reznor is absolutely my hero. I’ve been way into EDM the past few years, and I’ll keep going to Electric Daisy Carnival every year until they give me some reason not to.
Acts I would cross an ocean to see:
Tool, Radiohead, Nine Inch Иails, Deadmau5.
Acts I would cross the country to see:
Deltron 3030, Kaskade, Metallica, Massive Attack, UNKLE.
Acts I would without hesitation stay out until 2 a.m. on a work night to see:
Above & Beyond, Boris, Cat Power, Tomahawk, Dub Trio, Jane’s Addiction (I’d cross the country, but they play in Cali so often), Califone, Future of the Left, Mat Zo, Porter Robinson, Snoop Dogg, DJ Krush, Boys Noize, MSTRKRFT, Trentemøller, Junior Brown, BLK JKS, Jesu, Polvo, Lupe Fiasco.
Beloved acts that I probably won’t be able to see any more:
The Smiths (you’re all alive, dammit… please take your five million dollar paycheck and play Coachella), Joy Division, Meat Puppets, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Pink Floyd, the mighty Led Zeppelin, Miles Davis, Cannonball Adderly, Bob Marley, the Jesus Lizard, Tom Waits, Critters Buggin, Grateful Dead (miss you, Jerry!).
• a well-made double short Americano
• mountains, though I do without them more than I should
• great live bands and DJs
• healthy livin'... exercise and quality food and all that
• close friends, of course
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 27–37
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
...music moves you deeply and live music even more so.
...you are creative.
...you are authentic.
Connect your OkCupid Account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.