I'm originally from NYC and have lived here for almost 3 years now. I'm pretty sure I'm not going back. The Dallas area has certainly grown on me. So being from NYC, I am headstrong, sarcastic, witty, silly, patient, caring and super awesome. I'm not an asshole NYer...,
... Unless I need to be.
Can I take things seriously? Sure I guess I can, but really, what for? Life is way too short to be serious all the time. I believe in standing up for yourself and your beliefs. I love having lively discussions, preferably over some adult beverages. Creativity is the thing that drives me, both personally and professionally. I love looking at things differently, and definitely still sometimes look at this world through the eyes of a child. Things are more beautiful that way. I went to art school but never really followed up on it and wound up in the IT world. I have huge goals for myself and I will attain them. I do, however, still love museums and exhibits. I'm also super into photography. Finding a random spot to take pictures could keep me entertained for hours.
20 random facts about me:
1. I love anything to do with Apple products.
2. Two words - Star Wars ( I'd promise I don't dress up, but I would. I just haven't yet.)
3. I have 5 tattoos, and am currently in the process of drawing up my 6th. (full arm sleeve so its taking me forever to draw!)
4. I don't own cowboy boots.... I know, I'm in Texas now, I probably should.
5. I'm a big fan of doing silly things to brighten someone's day.
6. When I'm thinking really hard, my eyes dart side to side. (so I've been told, I don't notice it.)
7. I love using a shredder. So. Much.
8. I play bass guitar.
9. My family means everything to me.
10. Even though I'm a native NYer, I've never been to the Statue of Liberty or inside the Empire State Building.
11. I will stop for stray animals.
12. When I people watch, I make up stories of who they are, what they're doing, etc.
13. Sometimes I share those stories.
14. I'm big into hockey and football (soccer). I play hockey and coach youth soccer.
15. I was really scared to live this close to an In N Out Burger, but it's much tastier in Cali.
16. I've never fist pumped in a serious manner.
17. If something dorky/nerdy gets my attention and excites me, its called a nerdgasm. Get used to it...
18. I hate folding laundry so I hang everything.
19. When you type in ALL capital letters, I feel like you're yelling at me.. just saying.
20. I thought this list would be way more witty than it ended up.
I guess now I should I tell you all what I'm looking for......
Someone who is laid back and has a sense of humor? According to the profiles I've looked through, thats everyone on here. Seriously, one person needs to be super intense and dead serious at all times. Sarcasm is a plus, because you have to be able to verbally joust with me. If you can't take a joke, keep it moving cause you'll hate me in five minutes. I'm not going to lie and say looks don't matter, because, well, they do. Intelligence is also HUGE! You can be the hottest girl on this site, but if I feel like a pile of rocks have more intelligence, then I'm going to politely excuse myself from the conversation.
Seriously though, I am looking for a connection above all. Someone who gets me. Someone that I get. I'm looking for the woman that I look up from my book on the other side of the couch, see her doing whatever it is she's doing, and smile just because. That isn't mythical is it?
I have this thing with correct grammar. I love proper use of punctuation. Remember, a comma is the only difference between, "Let's eat, Grandma!" and "Let's eat Grandma!". I think you get it....