Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
Self-described NPR junkie, I love to dwell on the delicious
I hear there each morning. People have said that I'm grounded, and
that I know who I am. I've seen much of the world (ie: travel), but
there's at least half that I have not yet seen. Kayaking this
in Greenland (anyone)?
I'm very curious about life, the world at large and how things
work, which gives me a kind of A.D.D--intellect. I suppose we all
suffer a bit from attention deficit these days --- do we really
need those little taxi cab TVs?
I like hearing about all things interesting, tantalizing and new,
starting with food, film and music. Also, I've been told that I
have a nice smile.
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
I'm creative and a serial entrepreneur. I've founded a handful of
small companies. I'm a sometimes Adjunct Professor at Parsons
School of Design, I started a M_arch (but I'm definitely not an
architect). Five years ago I also started painting (art, not
Currently, I run an non-profit organization that I founded in '08,
here in NYC. We exhibit the work of emerging artists on
construction scaffolding and have a gallery here in Chelsea. I'm
definitely a mix of many things and am interested in meeting
someone with similarly delicious complexities.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
• Cooking an entire meal (if only mustard in the
• Ordering-In, if the meal is just not happening
• Finding interesting films at the small-ish theaters.
• Knowing how to get a cab between 3--5pm
• Procrastination until last possible minute, then massive
• Packing a suitcase, or trunk of a car (love the spacial
• Chivalry: opening car doors, helping with coats, women order
• Straightening up thoroughly before a date comes over.
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
That I look like my pictures and that I'm actually 6'-1". My
That I'm a good listener: I already know much of what I might say
-- so I'd rather hear what others think, feel or do. What could be
more interesting than that? My some-times funky eyewear.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
• DWELL (magazine of compact, sustainable, innovative
• Drive (the movie).
• Top Gear (hilarious British gear-head show, BBC America)
• Fried watermelon and avocado (seriously!)
• Music: Aimee Mann, My Morning Jacket, Local Natives, Sia, The
Brand New Heavies, Tower of Power, Jackson Browne, DJ Spooky,
Eddie Harris, Marisa Monte, Nick Cave, Pat Metheny, St.
Paulo Conte, and on, and on. Thank god for Pandora, and New
Sounds Live with John Shaffer (on WNYC -- very much
worth a listen).
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
• Morning tea _ the strong, black English type
• Subscriptions to DWELL, WIRED, NYT's
• Southern exposure (sunshine _ in any season)
• Banana pancakes (bananas inside and out)
• Cycling, hiking, skiing (does that count as one?)
• Going back to sleep after breakfast on Sundays.
-- ok 7 things I can't live without.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
Abandoned bicycles locked to things around NYC: It's an
phenomenon. I've collected photos of about 200 of them over the
years. I have not seen this in any other city in the world.
kind of sad looking and beautiful at the same time.
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
• Happy to get my shoes off, walk barefoot around the
• Trying to decide: stay in or go out?
• Detoxing from the week, reading last week's Times on the
• Perhaps still at work (make Monday's reentry less
• Staying away from the computer.
• Maybe taking myself to dinner and a movie.
• Thinking about sleeping late on Saturday.
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
You're interested in meeting for intelligent, fun conversation,
catching some live music and a wonderful meal somewhere.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.