A few things about me, and, I like lists – so please don’t mind me while I formulate one for your convenience.
1) The most important thing of note here is this: I’m poly, very actively so. I have a husband (TrickyC) and a boyfriend (Dharmansible), we all live together and we’re pretty awesome. I view both as primary, so as you can see – I’m not looking for another primary relationship. I’m looking for, if anything, good friends. A good friend, of course, means a variety of things. But, everything – in my opinion – has to start with friendship and respect.
2) I don’t have a whole lot of time to prioritize searching for another relationship or partner, if you strike the “wow, I want to get to know this person” cord – you’ll likely be encouraged to communicate through digital means, but then invited to some sort of group outing. If you can’t laugh at “Cards against humanity” your humor is likely not nearly dark or screwed up enough to last amongst my people. I tell you this as a warning.
3) I’m curvy in the regard that well, I’m curvy. I’m not a small girl, I’m a very physically active girl and I’ve got one of them there large bone structures. I bring it up, because, upon first meeting me – it’s likely what you’ll notice. I do yoga every night, I hit the gym and I’ve had years of belly dance under my belt. I have a ton of energy and I’m constantly moving, but, I’ve got giggly bits, a rack and quite the butt. If you’re shopping for a tiny thing, more power to you – but I’m certainly not that. I take care of myself, I eat well, I exercise, but the end goal in mind is not becoming a cookie cutter – it’s creating the long term strength that will allow me to never stop.
4) I swear like a sailor, don’t get me wrong here – I’m well read. I’m pretty educated (though my opinions on that waver) but, I’ve found a comfortable routine in saying horrible things. If you can’t be around people whose mouth runs them into dark alleyways – I’m likely to piss you off.
5) I’m really not interested in explaining how Poly works. It’s part of who I am and I tend to only date people who have dealt with it being part of who they are. I’m happy to point people in the direction of a good book or two, but ultimately – Be happy having a relationship that fits you and keep an open mind. Your style of relationship may not work for everyone; I know mine wouldn’t, so please, only reach out to me – if mine doesn’t bother you on some intrinsic level.
6) If you are really new to Poly – I’ll likely want to stay in friendship zone and not make anything beyond that exist for some good time. I am huge on communication and watching people grow, nothing is better than that - but I'm not terribly comfortable being part of the science experiment in the early stages. Where I’m at now, I cannot offer a ton of emotional support.
7) I have emotional and physical ADD. If you do not remind me that you’d like to keep in contact, I will forget and move on. My house is one of those “we do a lot of work within our community” houses, which means, our circle of friends is huge – it means that a little bit of work must be made on your part – a dance will need to occur. And then, we will hit this happy area where I’m being as persistent as you are, possibly more.
8) I am a nerd. That is all.
(Updated January 2013)
**A dear friend of mine came across my old profile the other day and told me “wow, you really made yourself uninviting doll” – my initial response was “good, the intention worked” then that shifted recognizing that if I’m inclined to meet new people, I should be a little less “I’m a crotchety old man set in my ways” and a little more inviting, I’m still a bit of a crotchety old man, but I’m a nice one. Who will offer you cigars and whiskey to pass the time while I yell at the kids on my lawn.**