Below is a general checklist of what I plan to do with my life
(recent past and the next few years)...
1) Quit my city job. Done (this was comparatively easy).
2) Spend a number of months in South America and learn Spanish.
3) Buy a flat. Done (note: it's no palace).
4) Start a successful business. Work-in-progress (I've won awards
and raised seed funding - patent pending. Far from successful, but
5) Record a full-length solo album. I've written the songs; need
time arranging and recording. Give me 12 more months.
6) Write a novel. For a few years now I've wanted to write about
the same topic. I'd like to chronicle/novelise the lives of the
great Christian saints, but from a non-religious perspective, to
recognise the radical historical figures they were (i.e. some of
the greatest scientist/philosophers in history), but taken away
from their contemporary religious zeitgeist (note - I'm not
religious, but I'm interested in theology). This is taking a back
seat to 4 and 5, but at some point in the next 3 years, I will move
to Italy for 6 months and immerse myself.
There's a lot more to say.