1) I do play golf and watch football, despite the fact that, to women, this is tantamount to wearing the same dress to the company Christmas party two years in a row.
2) I use words like “tantamount” in a personal ad.
3) I voted for Ross Perot twice during the 90s. This cannot be held against me though -- they were both protest votes.
4) I have never climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, don't own a motorcycle, don't bike 20 miles a day in my Lance Armstrong racing suit, don't have shirtless pictures of my Saratoga-born-and-raised self flashing gang signs like I grew up in Compton, don't wear Affliction t-shirts and don't have a tattoo on my chest of some random woman wrapped in barbed wire sitting on Chinese symbols that translate into "Chosen One.”
5) I live in Pleasanton. Some of you – especially those of you in San Francisco – seem to believe that Pleasanton borders Kentucky, Bangladesh and Siberia. I answer this by saying (a) not quite, (b) amazingly, you only have to cross ONE bridge from SF on a 35-minute drive to get here, (c) I’m certainly worth the small distance, and (d) I’m out your way all the time – I’ll come to you. ;-) (San Jose and Sac people: this includes you as well).
6) I overuse ellipses and colon-dash-parenthesis smiley faces in emails. I’m currently undergoing punctuation shock therapy to break this horribly-addicting habit. One day at a time.
****Now, the catch-worthy good stuff:
1) I have a dog. I know women think this is cute, so I thought I would mention it first.
2) I scored in the 95th percentile on Nordstrom’s “Male Mall Tolerance Test", proving my willingness to wander aimlessly around a mall while my female companion goes on a five-hour search for the perfect pair of pumps... and buys nothing.
3) I definitely can cook. I don’t know the difference between a basil leaf and a leafblower, but I certainly know enough to be dangerous.
4) I have killed scores of harmless spiders and insects to "protect" others in the past. Have a fear of ants? I keep my pimp hand strong with insects.
5) ....and maybe most importantly, I will never, ever make a woman sit through a movie where the characters just blow things up all the time or break out in random displays of mixed martial arts. I will not make MYSELF sit through that movie either. ;-)
6) I’m a grass-mowing, trash-hauling, weed-pulling, beach-going, wine-tasting jack of all trades.
Note on my photos: Friends, family, the local vet, American Legion post 472 and a girl riding by on a unicycle all agree that if you like my photos, you'll be more pleased in person. Take that for whatever it's worth. ;-)
Friends and family would describe me as a very confident (but not cocky) genuinely kind, fun-loving and compassionate, intelligent, succcessful, extremely athletic, very giving and engaging. (And for you hockey fans, I'm a Sharks season ticket holder).
So what am I looking for? Someone who is happy, easy to get along with, emotionally available and is not afraid to give their heart away. Someone who loves to laugh and smiles a lot. Everyone has a little emotional baggage from old relationships, but please don't show up with four suitcases worth. A love for sports is a plus, but definitely isn’t necessary. All in all, I’m most interested in who you are, what you enjoy and what you’re passionate about. Women who are genuine, sincere and have a strong passion for life score major points. Women who are aloof, self-centered, drama queens or Raider fans will not. (Just kidding Raider fans... kind of...) ;-)