I have a wide range of interests; natural history, travel (Australia, Canada, US, Italy, Germany, Fiji so far), movies, art, science, sports (doing more than watching). In general I like being active and outside, but I have to admit I do enjoy some indoor pursuits. I like to ski, surf, hike, dive (I've scuba dived with friends tanks and equipment but never held certification; want to get it in the next year) and soak in a hot spring afterwards. I've been told that I can carry a conversation on just about any topic. I enjoy good food, good company and fine wine. I have an almost child-like curiosity about the world and take every opportunity to learn more about it.
I like the ten questions from the show "The Actors Studio", and they are good conversation starters, so here they are with my answers:
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
There is no reason that anyone in the modern world should be starving
3. What turns you on?
4. What turns you off?
There is no excuse for believing in a flat earth, a literal, biblical version of creation, or perpetual motion machines, other than a desire to be ignorant of the facts.
5. What sound or noise do you love?
The sound of a child laughing
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
The sound of a child in pain
7. What is your favorite curse word?
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Printing was the greatest invention in the last thousand years
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Assembly line worker
Anything that requires mindless repetition, like process work. Some find it rewarding but it's not for me
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
That was a helluva ride!