As for you, you had me at,,, your smile!
Seriously, if you're considered to be one those perennially smiley people, I almost don't need to know anything else about you...
As for me...
Balance is a key quality in my life as symbolized by the yin/yang of Taoism. As such, I span a broad range, and I'd prefer someone who understands that most things can be appropriate at different times.
I describe myself as adventurous and romantic, strong and gentle, playful, fun and mature, spiritual, fit, and a nonsmoker. I'm fairly deep, intelligent, observant, reflective, soft-spoken, and 'sweet' (I've been told).
I like to do lots of different things: wine and dining, exploring and day trips, hiking, sailing, movies, window shopping, fairs, (recently added) antiquing and flea markets, social cooking, snuggling, kissing--sharing life with one special person!
To provide a few specifics about myself...
- I'm 5'9, 175; I run almost every day.
- I was raised with manners--open doors, say please/thank you etc.
- I am not a neatnik but not horribly messy either.
- NOT a Type A! I do love organization, but I'm too lazy to implement it!
- I *have* a tux but usually wear jeans.
- I love gourmet or can just as easily eat at BK but prefer anything 'interesting';
- I prefer many long weekends over one big trip (unless it's Italy or France!).
- I am a TV/movie type person; don't read much except for politics or personal growth.
- I listen to NPR in the afternoon and Stern in the morning.
- I'm 50% Yin or Omega vs 50% Alpha or Yang. I'm NOT looking for an Alpha dog! I'm seeking an equally balanced woman.
- MBTI: ISTP. although 3 out of 4 of those vary slightly each time I take the test! (T is the only constant)
All in all, a mixed bag of a lot of different things
--just a good guy looking for a good girl :)
For the astrologically curious, I am a Scorpio with Pisces Moon, Mercury in Sagittarius, Venus in Libra, and Mars in Scorpio. I'd be happy to do yours if you're interested :) For those who don't already know, you really need to look at all 9 planets to see the individual beyond the broad generalization of your sun sign (well, at least 5 planets!)
Some things from my past: used to own a motorcycle; taught at a sailing camp on Cape Cod; owned a 31' sailboat; took flying lessons; skydiving--3 times; rode horses well--competed in dressage; spent one night in jail (for an old, unpaid speeding ticket); have driven down the Cote d'Or of France in October; sailed around the BVI's, and have participated in a few different 'seminars' over the years including Tony Robbins, Insight, Creating Success, MSIA, Reiki, and meditation at the Omega Institute.
I have two wonderful boys, 22 & 24, whom I love and adore. I have always wished I could have them for more time (a divorced dad with visitation, you know) and I also appreciate the time and freedom of not *always* having them (hard for some people to understand). I've been through two marriages now: one 22yrs ago for 8yrs; then 10yrs passed before another one for 4yrs. Since everybody asks, I had met someone online over 7yrs ago--a doctor from Venezuela; she moved here, we got married, and then one day she told me that we got married too quickly because of visa requirements, so here I found myself, starting all over again.
Why am I here? I am seeking a happy, healthy, loving relationship, full of passion, play, and contentment with a beautiful woman whom I adore and respect. I don't 'date around' and would prefer to find one special person to spend my life with. I am determined and patient to find the right match, but I dearly miss the intimacy, sharing, support, and companionship that two people can give to each other. In fact I've had less than a handful of 1st dates in the last 10 months. It's too easy to get into 'a' relationship and it's such a waste of time if it's not someone you're going to spend the rest of your life with. Why invest so much and then just have to start all over again??
One interesting little project that I just finished is translating a friend's book from Spanish for publication in English about La Ley Universal de la Atraccion y La Travesia de Maite. very interesting subject matter! In fact it's now (only, sorry) available on Kindle (woohoo!)
- blending in diverse settings;
- learning anything by watching someone do it;
- getting to the true essence of a person and understanding their view;
- helping to solve problems and optimize;
- avoiding things I have to do :)
- lightening up (balancing) intense moments;
- connecting very deeply with one special person;
- committing to one special person!
Foods: gourmet, spicy, even fast foods, but always 'interesting';
Music: alternative, new age, techo/house/electronica, rock, classical, jazz, salsa--Delerium, Enigma, Gotan Project, Jean-Michel Jarre, Moby, NIN, Pink Floyd, Tori Amos...(too many to mention) On Saturday nights I blast 'house' music, so I guess I have to say that's my fav.
Movies: romantic comedies, action flicks, mystery/thriller, drama
Amadeus - Tom Hulce,
American President - Michael Douglas,
Bourne Identity(all 3) - Matt Damon,
Definitely, Maybe - Ryan Reynolds
Ferris Bueller - Matthew Broderick,
Finding Nemo - Albert Brooks,
Fools Rush In - mi novia! Salma Hayek,
Good Will Hunting - Matt Damon,
A Good Year - Russel Crowe,
Grosse Pointe Blank - John Cusak,
Grand Canyon - Kevin Kline,
The Holiday - Jude Law, Kate Winslet,
LA Story - Steve Martin,
Love Actually - Colin Firth, Hugh Grant
My Big Fat Greek Wedding - Nia Vardalos,
National Treasure(both) - Nicholas Cage,
Spanish Prisoner - David Mamet,
the latest from Woody Allen: Match Point, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Midnight in Paris, and...
if I had to pick my ultimate metaphor for who I am and what I'm seeking, it would be When Harry Met Sally for its humor, wit, insight, and ultimate love and friendship.
TV: Big Bang Theory, Bill Maher, Californication, Castle, Colbert Report, Downton Abbey [BBC], Episodes, House of Cards, Mr Selfridge[BBC], Shameless, Shark Tank, and [gone forever] 24, Coupling [BBC], Breaking Bad, CSI Miami, Dexter, Entourage, ER, House, and West Wing.
Last read: news web sites, "At the Center of the Storm" by George Tenet; "Takeover: The Return of the Imperial Presidency and the Subversion of American Democracy"; "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan; Budget Travel mag, The Economist, Natl. Enq (shhh)
Favorite destinations: (so far) France, Bermuda, Disney World, and Toronto. also been to Brazil, Venezuela, Mexico, muchas de las islas del Caribe. Next on list: Tuscany, Florence, Barcelona, Sevilla, and Napa again.
On the other hand, things I could do without!! Brussel sprouts, gin, retsina wine, slasher movies, smoking(anything), lawn ornaments.
I use composite astrology (with all 9 planets) to predict, with amazing accuracy and insight, how a relationship will probably go with a potential mate. So far they've always proved to be 100% accurate! and yes I have fatefully ignored their admonitions before and not yet found my best astrological matches. I'll just put 'out there' that my bestest matches are '74 Scorp, '64 Pisces or Aquarius, '62 Pisces, '61 Aquarius and several others! I'll be happy to do a composite profile for you and a relationship you have or had; just send me two birth dates.
- Warm, playful, affectionate, responsible, savvy, spiritual, adventurous, youthful, and attractive (to my eyes);
- Loves to travel/explore, wine/dine, appreciates culture, and many many other things. My ideal is to take turns choosing/planning things to do because we both love trying/doing new/different things;
- Cares to be healthy in all of mind, body, and spirit (not just a slogan); a 'flexible' vegan might be nice--someone who does not unnecessarily limit their delight in culinary explorations but can also show me how to eat more healthily!
- A natural beauty, a great smile, and a long dark mane (as long as I'm idealizing :)
- nonsmoker, or hasn't in a very long time!
- Doesn't want or already has older children;
- And don't even bother if you don't have a picture or haven't written anything in your profile! (unless you want to send ALL of that to me directly)