Balance is a key quality in my life as symbolized by the yin/yang of Taoism. As such, I span a broad range, and I'd prefer someone who understands that most things can be appropriate at different times.
I describe myself as adventurous and romantic, strong and gentle, playful, fun and mature, spiritual, fit, and a nonsmoker. I'm fairly deep, intelligent, observant, reflective, soft-spoken, and 'sweet' (I've been told).
I like to do lots of different things: wine and dining, exploring and day trips, hiking, sailing, movies, window shopping, fairs, (recently added) antiquing and flea markets, social cooking, snuggling, kissing--sharing life with one special person!
To provide a few specifics about myself...
- I'm 5'9, 175; I run almost every day.
- I was raised with manners--open doors, say please/thank you etc.
- I am not a neatnik but not horribly messy either.
- NOT a Type A! I do love organization, but I'm too lazy to implement it!
- I *have* a tux but usually wear jeans.
- I love gourmet or can just as easily eat at BK but prefer anything 'interesting';
- I prefer many long weekends over one big trip (unless it's Italy or France!).
- I am a TV/movie type person; don't read much except for politics or personal growth.
- I listen to NPR in the afternoon and Stern in the morning.
- I'm 60% Yin or Omega vs 40% Alpha or Yang. I'm NOT looking for an Alpha dog! I'm seeking an equally balanced woman.
- MBTI: ISTP. although 3 out of 4 of those vary slightly each time I take the test! (T is the only constant)
All in all, a mixed bag of a lot of different things
--just a good guy looking for a good girl :)
For the astrologically curious, I am a Scorpio with Pisces Moon, Mercury in Sagittarius, Venus in Libra, and Mars in Scorpio. I'd be happy to do yours if you're interested :) For those who don't already know, you really need to look at all 9 planets to see the individual beyond the broad generalization of your sun sign (well, at least 5 planets!)
Some things from my past: used to own a motorcycle; taught at a sailing camp on Cape Cod; owned a 31' sailboat; took flying lessons; skydiving--3 times; rode horses well--competed in dressage; spent one night in jail (for an old, unpaid speeding ticket); have driven down the Cote d'Or of France in October; sailed around the BVI's, and have participated in a few different 'seminars' over the years including Tony Robbins, Insight, Creating Success, MSIA, Reiki, and meditation at the Omega Institute.
I have two wonderful boys, 20 & 22, whom I love and adore. I have always wished I could have them for more time (a divorced dad with visitation, you know) and I also appreciate the time and freedom of not *always* having them (hard for some people to understand). I've been through two marriages now: one 22yrs ago for 8yrs; then 10yrs passed before another one for 4yrs. Since everybody asks, I had met someone online over 7yrs ago--a doctor from Venezuela; she moved here, we got married, and then one day she told me that we got married too quickly because of visa requirements, so here I found myself, starting all over again.
Why am I here? I am seeking a happy, healthy, loving relationship, full of passion, play, and contentment with a beautiful woman whom I adore and respect. I don't 'date around' and would prefer to find one special person to spend my life with. I am determined and patient to find the right match, but I dearly miss the intimacy, sharing, support, and companionship that two people can give to each other. In fact I've had less than a handful of 1st dates in the last 10 months. It's too easy to get into 'a' relationship and it's such a waste of time if it's not someone you're going to spend the rest of your life with. Why invest so much and then just have to start all over again??