Smart, centered, adventurous, giving, funny, slightly (pseudo?)
intellectual, hard-working, hard-playing.
What I’m doing with my life
Working, volunteering, enjoying what life has to offer.
I’m really good at
Cooking, conversation, riding a motorcycle, dealing with the
unexpected, shooting pool, focusing on the person I'm with, eating,
listening, backgammon, kissing, solving computer and other tech
The first things people usually notice about me
My height, that I'm in shape, nice smile (so I've been told)
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
- Books--I mainly read histories and biographies, but I read
anything that catches my interest.
- Movies--I tend towards "classic" movies, especially from the 30s
and 40s, but I can enjoy anything form slasher flicks to
- Music--At the top of my list is rock music (tending to "classic
rock"), followed by classical. I don't like hip-hop or rap and I'm
not wild about country (yet, some of my favorite songs are
country/western songs by rock bands and rock song covers by country
western artists.) I am interested in anything that sounds
- Food--I'm open to trying ALMOST anything (ask me about some of
the things I've tried in my travels.) Anything Asian and Italian
food would have to be near the top of my favorites list.
The six things I could never do without
- Something good to read
- Good music
- Good friends
- Good food
- Intimacy--cerebral and physical
(not necessarily in that order)
I spend a lot of time thinking about
- Well-being and happiness of friends and family
- How to make my woman happy
- What to do and where to go on my next vacation
- The state of the world
- World politics and US foreign policy
On a typical Friday night I am
Could be anything from dinner at a good restaurant and a concert at
the Kennedy Center to ordering pizza and a NetFlix movie. I like
variety and I'm flexible. Hopefully, followed by one of the things
I listed in "The six things I could never do without".
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
You should message me if
- You'd like to chat by email.
- You'd like to talk on the phone.
- You think you'd like to meet for coffee or a drink.
- You get the impression that you'd enjoy hanging out with
- You're looking for a relationship, but don't want to rush
- You've thoroughly perused my profile and don't see any deal