1. I only use instant messenger to chat regularly. If you don't use at least one of the following: Aim, Skype or Yahoo, then we won't be able to talk much.
2. I don't subscribe to A-List. If you're clicking that like me button or whatever, I will never see who you are. OKC does not display those likes to people that don't subscribe. And honestly... if you're so immature and fickle that you can't be bothered to even send a short message to someone you supposedly "like" then I really have nothing to say to you anyway. Don't try to BS anyone with that "i'm too shy to message people" nonsense either. If you're not too shy to make a public profile on a personals site, you're not too shy to message people. That's called "laziness", not "shyness".
3. Idiocy, ignorance, childishness, shallowness, extreme immaturity, apathy, fickleness = no thanks, not what I'm looking for. I'm 28 and looking for stability now, if such a thing exists at all. I have no time or energy for games.
4. If you're so lazy/busy that you can't be bothered to write more than a few words in a message to me... don't be surprised if I decide I'm too lazy/busy to bother replying to you at all. Your time and energy is no more valuable than my own or anyone else's, remember that. Sorry if your parents never taught you that but it's the truth.
5. Location doesn't matter to me. If you're on the other side of the world, that's fine. Lets chat anyway!
6. I'm only looking for people with long-term friendship potential---this doesn't mean I wouldn't like to find more than that one day. But, I've always believed that for anything else to be remotely possible between two people, a solid foundation of close friendship has to be built first. As I said before, I'm 28 not 18... not looking for games, flings and other bs. I'm looking for real, genuine friendship that may eventually lead to something deeper and nothing else.
7. WARNING: I am a writer. I write a lot and I love to write. If you're severely allergic to text---then you better run---run while you still can! You have been warned!
I am an intense, emotional, passionate and caring individual... which I usually hide behind my more nonchalant, laid-back and lazy exterior. All my life, I've loved the art of storytelling and how it can transport us to other worlds, places and times. I've always seen it as a type of real-life magic, in a way---as all forms of art tend to be---and storytelling in particular is an art I realized years ago that I needed to master... or at least, make the attempt. It's what I love most in life and I could never see myself doing anything else. It's more about "need" than "want", for me. I need to write, I need to tell my stories. I couldn't give up the pursuit of fiction writing even if I wanted to. Storytelling is one of the few things in the real world that makes sense to me, I guess... and it's always just felt "right" for me.
In fact, the only other thing that means as much to me in life as my writing... is people. I care about people a great deal, even though I try not to be too obvious about it---as I've learned through harsh experiences in the past that many will only try to take advantage of this... and there seems to be far more users and con-artists in the world than good people. Yet, I still care about people and need them in my life... and I'm really not embarrassed to admit that. Even though I know many would see it as a sign of weakness or pointless sentiment these days. I don't believe it is. I will never believe that to be truly "whole" or "complete" or otherwise appropriately well-adjusted that you must become some self-centered, emotionless, unwaveringly independent badass that treats everyone as inevitably disposable tools... and never allows themselves to "need" or really care about anyone. I've always believed such an approach can only lead to a flawed, misguided and incredibly hollow existence.
Yet, unfortunately and despite all my efforts... I lead a very lonely life... and I hate it. I've learned not to expect much from personal sites or the internet in general. But... somehow, I'm still able to hope and believe that lightning can strike... and maybe I can find something meaningful on here. We'll see I guess...
Here's a hint for you though... if I intrigue you, try taking a look at the many questions I've answered and made public. I often leave very honest explanations for my answers which will probably give you a much better idea of the type of person I am than a profile summary ever could.
Clubbing, bars, dancing, partying, beaches etc. are not things I like to do or places I like to go at all. If you're looking for an average, mainstream gay guy that does all that stuff... well, that's definitely not me.
My idea of a good time is going to a bookstore/library or maybe a good movie (if anyone ever makes one again) or arcade. I like checking out unique and interesting specialty/hobby stores like antique shops, magic shops, gaming and comic book shops etc.
And of course, I love fantasy games. LARP gatherings/events or D&D groups or other tabletop game groups like warhammer fantasy, I love all that stuff. Renaissance fairs are fun too. I'd love to see Europe and Japan some day... maybe even live over there.
I would probably be interested in getting involved in some stuff like paranormal investigations or visiting places that are supposed to be haunted too. Yeah I'm a weird guy, I know. Doesn't bother me and I have no desire to change.
I am creative, caring, and honorable (no, seriously, I really am!)
Other Interests, hobbies and pursuits:
-Gaming: Probably goes without saying if you read further down in my profile but yeah... traditional J-RPG style games are usually my favorites and the only type of video games I really play at all... besides MMO's.
Anime: Again... probably goes without saying but yeah... scroll down to my favorites section to see what anime I like. Would love to find some friends to watch anime with on a regular basis.
-Video Game Design: I love using the video game medium to tell stories and I grew up playing and loving many of the great RPG's... so I know how well video games can be used to tell stories.
-History: History can be a fascinating subject. Almost any time period or place can be interesting to me. I use to enjoy the History Channel years ago when it actually had respectable shows.
-Psychology: Learning how the mind works has always interested me.
-Video Game Videos: I sometimes dabble in streaming gameplay of video games or making gameplay videos to post online aka "Let's Plays". Either way, being able to share the games I love with others is great fun for me.
-MMO's: I've played many MMO's over the years... and it's sad to see how far the MMO industry has fallen since I got started in it well over 10 years ago. Most MMO's are trash, as far as I'm concerned, these days. Tree of Savior looks like it might be decent but won't really know until it releases.
-RPing: I have done a lot of roleplaying in the past, not so much recently. I only roleplay over instant messengers (the ones I listed above). I prefer fantasy settings. Ask me about this if you're interested.
Something else you probably need to know:
Just to get this out of the way... so those who would judge me as inadequate over this can move on to the next profile and not waste my time...
I suffer from social anxiety and some agoraphobia. It's pretty much a disability for me. Needless to say, I don't get out too often. It's somewhat more manageable when I'm with friends I trust... but in general, I'm never very comfortable in public places or around large groups of people. It's always been like this for me.
However, if you believe that this makes me worthless or incapable of being a valuable and meaningful friend... then you're an idiot (or a user) and still have a lot to learn about life.