I am a devoted secular humanist, who thinks we should all strive to be more compassionate. I try to do my part everyday. I love the arts and science equally and enjoy suspending my life and work somewhere between the two. You can ask me my astrological sign only once, but after that you get the stink eye. I heard someone once say, "The only question you need to ask yourself is: Are you a child of the Enlightenment?" I love that. And yes, I am.
Looking for a woman who is creative, kind (to a fault), nerdy, curious, devoted to a cause or purpose in life (even if it's self expression), sensuous and intelligent. Any group of three of these put together equals sexy in my book. And if you are a salsa dancer or at least open to learning, I promise, your ass is going to look great to me.
A few other items that will catch your attention or send you packing:
- I enjoy seemingly quaint hobbies like birding and leaf collecting.
- One of my life-long goals I haven't fulfilled yet is learning to sail.
- I finished my masters degree in forestry and worked for several years as a wilderness ranger for the U.S. Forest Service.
- My personal heroes are Bill Moyers, Aung Sang Suu Kyi, Gary Snyder, Richard Avedon, Sebastião Salgado, Jane Goodall, Andy Goldsworthy, my sister and Ai Weiwei.
- I get really excited every time another hominid fossil is discovered.
- I can talk about bonobos for hours.