Maybe I should go for a run through the woods as I usually do when inspiration runs dry. Or I could just adopt Aragon's saying 'je raconte ma vie comme on fait les rêves au réveil'. In which case I would say that I move horses, hug books and write trees.
Don't let it be too confusing. In general I'm just a creative, kind-hearted, well-mannered (mostly) and only slightly daft sort of guy.
It would be nice however to intimately share a large helping of it with someone special who really appreciates the taste of life.
... meditiating, conversating, exhilerating.
... writing (well, sometimes).
... cooking a limited number of exquisite dishes.
Or - when it just happened - my trimestrial haircut (I like it shorter in the summer than in the winter).
Let's try to be brief...
- Books: modern novels and poetry, mostly dutch, but some english (McEwan,...) and french (Nothomb,...) as well.
- Movies: I look for certain directors: Lynch, Almodovar, Tarantino, Spielberg, Inarritu, Loach, ...
- Music: from classic (Beethoven) to heavy (Metallica) and A LOT in between.
- Food: almost everything, but I prefer pasta, salads, fish, seafood and a good glass of local beer or foreign wine.
- my nephews
- sunsets and weather changes
(And my next move(s), but mainly when I'm playing chess.)
When none of the above, I'm playing chess.
As for Saturdays: more of the above, no chess.