Okay, all these words...daunting I know. I'm a long-winded, full-disclosure type. If you like openness and honesty step right up. Read the first section, take a nap, some vitamins and read more if you are interested and have lots of time on your hands! Want to know me? - dive in. I want to know you too! Quickest version: read # 1, 2, 9, 18, 19, 20 - those are the essentials. LOL.
Shortesque version ;) :
1) I'm a talker
2) I'm a romantic as well as a calmly joyful hedonist! :) food, film, fun, funk! Let's dance!
3) I'm an archivist I like to write...journals for decades, lists (like this one), letters, chat...I'm very oral/aural.
4) politics: liberal/humanist but not dogmatic
5) spiritual not religious
6) I flirt and enjoy it. Not about conquests but about connection. Getting to know someone is a huge joy
7) I'm creative like my dad and a thinker like my mom...I am a musician/songwriter/poet/journalist/blogger i.e. I love stories and I love to write
8) I never really danced until I was 48 and now there's not much I'd rather do. I hope my knees hold out!
9) I gather, nurture and cherish my friends. Nothing better than a room full of friends other than a room filled with just one or two of special ones. And luckily since I consider myself bicoastal (my life has been divided almost exactly in half between California and Delaware/Philly area -- though not right in the middle but in a few rotating segments) and I still spend time in both but the best thing is having great friends in both places.
10) I like to eat out, go to concerts, galleries, museums, read.
11) I'm inner not outer
12) love the outdoors but not a sit in the sun for hours guy. Rather be in a pool or hiking or driving along the coast with the top down...perhaps sitting by a stream with a good book or in someone's arms on a blanket under the trees.
13) Not adverse to exploring sexuality in just about any form. I have a short list of nevers. Surprise me and ask for what intrigues you. But in general I'm seeking smart, connective partner not a fly-by-night thing. I've been told I'm passionately GGG...look it up or better yet, let me show you!
14) I hate math. Math and numbers don't like me either. I'm attracted to people who like numbers though. Like having a bonus calculator around for when my eyes glaze over
15) I hate pickles. I mean really hate pickles.
16) I'm a good driver, night owl and a late sleeper
17) you will never get me on a cruise ship. Just sayin'...
18) I love life in all of it's complexity. If there is an option to laugh, i take it.
19) I enjoy all of this camaraderie and I also love being alone in silence, but loneliness doesn't sit well with me. Thus the attraction for friends and family and the social.
20) I was with the same woman monogamously for 25 years and since have enjoyed and been perplexed by the dating scene. I'm a quality not quantity type guy who loves the process of discovering the beauty in life and people. There is nothing better than learning something new from a partner. I'm definitely sapiosexual. Now THAT'S sexy.
21) kinky, not dangerous; loving, not manipulative or smothering; I'm communicative, compassionate, passionate, sensitive, not weak, cold, reclusive, distant and love all of the above in others. Open to suggestion.
22) without thinking it over much I've often found myself attracted to and attracting wonderful bisexual women. I love their energy, honesty confidence and grace. My buddy Eric has officially nicknamed me LesBro.
23) that said, in the past I have had experience in a beautiful lengthy long distance polyamorous relationship. Like any relationship a successful poly relationship is not based on sex but on trust, caring, respect, connection, honesty and fun. I adore strong, independent, intelligent, generally liberal and open-minded partners. Ask anything if this is confusing. If you are interested in this type of openness fine but having been divorced since 2003 I am fully ready for the right monogamous partner at this time in my life. I thoroughly have enjoyed and felt comfortable with either monogamous or polyamorous relationships but don't seem to have a preference. It is all about the partner I am with. Of course, it all depends on finding the right partner for any lifestyle choice. I feel capable, willing and non-judgmental about either type of relationship path. Both are full of positives and their share of difficulties as well but such is life. If this is confusing or you love everything about me but don't understand the poly angle PLEASE ask me anything. I am looking for long-term love and not looking for casual flings in general but I am not pressing for anything defined that doesn't come naturally, everything starts with communication and friendship. I understand finding the right person is not always easy and dating someone who may not be "The One" and becomes a good friend is a wondrous blessing as well.
24) Yes, that was ME! I was an extra in the movie BELOVED. If you can ID where in the film I can be seen, contact me and you win a prize!
Read my Q&A for more details or just ask. I'm curious about you too!