New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
37 • Berkeley, CA • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 28–40
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating
- Last online
- Online now!
- 6′ 3″ (1.91m)
- Body type
- Mostly anything
- Agnosticism, and laughing about it
- Virgo, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from masters program
- Science / Engineering
- Doesn’t have kids
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- English (Fluently), Spanish (Fluently), Japanese (Poorly), French (Poorly), Russian (Poorly)
Am somewhat confused by Pound Puppies: No one can offer me a logical explanation as to why they were as popular as they were...
Also want to finally learn to dance in a manner that's not that of an epileptic Muppet, so I'm looking for a teacher...
Interests: Reading, writing, gaming, teaching, film, technology, hiking/camping, theater, art, music, comics (Berke Breathed is a living god), webcomics, the Macintosh, robotics, anime, Japanese culture, hosting geeky pub trivia (an activity that is essentially the equivalent of herding drunken cats), DIY stuff (just bought my first dremel and want to learn how to weld and solder), politics and wondering exactly why the people responsible for the recent spurt of reality shows haven't been shot into deep space with only a used Koosh for companionship (haven't used my television for anything but DVDs and video games in the past nine years and I think the intestinal scrape we call programming has something to do with it)?
What am I looking for?: I'm only fairly certain, but if the other person knows how to make an excellent taco, she has my eternal respect. Smart, funny, interested in technology, geek culture, reading, writing, theater, able to laugh at herself, opinionated, active, non-vegan (the cow probably wasn't about to run for office), can make me laugh, would also like to see Paris Hilton and or all of the Kardashians chased by rabid wolves, isn't about to blather on ceaselessly about her job and nothing else in a scary Faye Dunaway/Diana Christiansen from "Network" fashion and just laid back yet assured of what she wants. Failing that, I'll take the person with the ability to laugh at the world around her, especially the works of Steven Seagal and Dolph Lundgren.
I am sardonic, ambitious, loyal and have spent way too much time overthinking the "Back to the Future" movies and realize that trying to completely understand the plot of "Primer" WILL make my brain explode.
I'm also curious as to which has more personality and a better SAT score: Kris Jenner or the pet rock I used to own...
- Stand up comedy.
- Arriving at assorted (and perfectly viable) options for surviving the zombie apocalypse. There are currently three workable plans on the table. I believe they are valid.
- Dreaming of the day Kris Jenner has to stare into the abyss that is her soul and begin screaming in terror.
- Dreaming of watching the entire cast of "Jersey Shore" have their heads explode after they're put in the same room as any form of standardized testing. The MCAT would be preferred.
- Just started teaching a weekly all-ages Twine-based video game programming/writing class at a video game museum in Oakland. The kids destroy my brain, but have proven awesome and I don't always know what to make of it.
- Directing the classes at the video game museum. If we want to teach a programming language and have someone on hand who wants to do it, we can get the class off the ground in a few days or weeks' time with no red tape. And, honestly, there's part of me that finds this to be awesome.
- I founded a nerdcore stand up comedy troupe on the east coast that still plays colleges, sci-fi and anime conventions and other completely dorktastic venues...
- I'm obsessed with Magritte paintings and want to learn more about this art style.
- I'll casually eat Halls cough drops if I have free time on my hands.
- I subscribe to the Liz Lemon theory of the 60 Second Dance Party. One does not argue with the 60 Second Dance Party.
I think I've got walking and blinking down too.
But definitely the height, which makes it easy to change light bulbs and reach the top shelf.
Which I think is appreciated.
I mean, people always need stuff from the top shelves...
"Firefly" deserved a second season, that's all that needs to be said…
"Futurama" was amazing and my brain is far too full of quotes from that show.
"Tremors" is the greatest stupid movie of all time, as the father from "Family Ties" and Reba MacEntire were meant to be heavily armed survivalists fighting carnivorous mutant sand monsters.
Books: Douglas Coupland, Dostoyevsky, DeLillo, "World War Z", Joyce, Pahluniak, Douglas Adams, Orson Scott Card, Robert Asprin and Robert Parker.
I know most of the words to Salt 'N Pepa's "Shoop". I'm not sure if this is a good thing.
Also, xkcd doth ROCK.
Also, Gonzo the Muppet is basically my hero and role model.
I will take all challengers at the awesome game that is Scrabble as well as Bananagrams.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.