Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
I'm nothin' but a stranger in this world; a shy pansexual author,
mathematician, musician, and casual hedonist.
My Briggs-Meyer type is listed as INFP and/or INTP on every
personality test I've ever taken.
I always root for the antihero.
I like making elliptical allusions to things that few people know
about, often resulting in awkward silences. I'm still laughing
I probably sing more often than I speak; I make no claims about the
I am not sure if I know much about epistemology.
Chaos is a friend of mine.
I know too much for my own good.
I get entirely too much joy laughing at stupid and silly
I have left the doors of perception wide open.
I'd like to get to know you better.
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
I just graduated with honors from Arizona State with degrees in
poetry and physics. Right now I am taking a break to do work and
research before heading off to graduate school. A great deal of
that time is spent reading textbooks and academic papers to get
ahead in this whole mathematical physics game. Shit's tricky. I'm
hoping to get a Ph.D fellowship somewhere where I can do research
and teaching in theoretical and mathematical physics.
Clearly I am a wild and crazy guy.
When I'm not doing any of that, I'm playing music or writing, or
just generally trying to maintain a Zen-like laid-back attitude.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
...making music. I used to study music performance academically.
Now I experiment in my free-time.
I'm pretty good at math. It is one of the few things in this world
that I feel like I understand.
Published poets and novelists with well established careers have
told me my writing is exceptional. I am not entirely sure I agree,
but who am I to argue?
I am also pretty excellent at riffing over bad movies. I can throw
a bad movie party like nobody else.
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I have a loud voice which completely betrays the fact that I am a
textbook example of an introvert. I blame coming from a large Irish
Catholic family where one has to yell to get a word in
I am something of an amateur contortionist. I often find myself
sitting in weird, uncomfortable looking positions without realizing
it until someone points it out to me. I've built up a pretty good
repertoire of tricks too.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
I like lists. So here are some lists. With no particular
1. "Blood Meridian" by Cormac McCarthy
2. "The Collected Fictions" by Jorge Luis Borges
3. "Ulysses" by James Joyce
4. "Gravity's Rainbow" by Thomas Pynchon
5. "100 Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
6. "On the Varieties of Religious Experience" - William James
7. "The Sound and the Fury" by William Faulkner
8. "Dream of the Unified Field" by Jorie Graham
9. "The Wild Iris" by Louise Glück
10. "Bluets" by Maggie Nelson
11. "By the Numbers" by James Richardson
1. "Mulholland Drive"
2. "American Beauty"
4. "The Shawshank Redemption"
5. "The Big Lebowski"
Bad Movies (Since I love bad film far more than anyone
1. The Room
2. Birdemic: Shock and Terror
3. The Amazing Bulk
4. Dungeons & Dragons
5. Troll 2
1. "The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady" by Charles Mingus
2. "Astral Weeks" and "Moondance" by Van Morrison
3. "Nia" and "The Blazing Arrow" by Blackalicious
4. "Six Litanies for Heliogabalus" by John Zorn (and anything else
Mike Patton has ever done, really).
5. "Electric Ladyland" by the Jimi Hendrix Experience
6. "...Endtroducing" by DJ Shadow
7. "Hard Normal Daddy" and "Ultravisitor" by Squarepusher
8. "Blonde on Blonde" and "Blood on the Tracks" by Bob Dylan
9. "Abattoir Blues & The Lyre of Orpheus" by Nick Cave &
the Bad Seeds
10. "Blue" by Joni Mitchell
Anything spicy. I also really like Italian and Chinese dishes.
Though honestly, I love trying new things. I like variety.
TV: I don't watch it.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
Sexuality and sensuality and the significance of emotion.
What the hell is wrong with politics these days. Seriously, it's
the most fun I have getting angry.
Why the Universe seems to be fucking with us.
The great blackness above us, the quivering emptiness between us,
and the interactions which hold us together.
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Wandering the city aimlessly in a euphoric haze, typically up to no
Or, I'll be nursing a glass of red wine or Irish whiskey while
listening to free-jazz.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.