I was born in Hong Kong, but my family came to the U.S. when I was young. Here's a bit about me:
Worst part of being Asian?
- No, I don't know Kung-Fu and cannot teach you the "five finger death touch" or whatever it's called.
- I am not a bad driver, I am just directionally challenged.
- I don't speak "Engrish." I have a better understanding of the English language and have better usage of grammar than most people.
Best part of being Asian?
- "Soiree I no speak Engrish" actually does work!
- People have a hard time telling if my eyes are open or not? I can pretend to be awake when I'm not...
I am fairly nerdy in nature. I can't explain astrophysics to you, but I can tell you more about various fish/corals and water chemistry than you'll ever want to know. I'm kind of a science information sponge.
I like to go hiking and mountain biking with my dog. I bought him a backpack, so he can now carry his own stuff while we're out (if I'm busting my ass carrying stuff, so should he). I never thought I would, but I went skydiving this year. It was exhilarating, and I would definitely go again!
I'd like to travel more. I have been to most of Asia, but have yet to travel to Europe (sad...). I hope to visit Ireland and Amsterdam next year (not for the obvious reasons).