1. I'm working on my PhD in English (focusing on 20th century American fiction) so I spend a lot of time reading, writing, and thinking about literature.
2. I've lived in many different places-- Oakland, California; Boulder, Colorado; Austin, Texas; Winston-Salem, North Carolina; now Tallahassee, Florida.
3. When I'm not thinking about literature, I'm usually thinking about music or movies or another piece of popular culture.
4. I enjoy talking to and listening to people, hearing about what they like or where they came from. I also love talking about the aforementioned culture (literature, music, movies, TV) as well as the occasional political discussion.
5. I find the task of describing myself in this succinct, abbreviated form to be incredibly, incredibly difficult.