RevKevasaurus
31 Youngstown, OH
Join today
Find great matches with our advanced matching system!
RevKevasaurus
Join today
Find great matches with our advanced matching system!
My self-summary
I raise bugs and feed them to people.

Professionally.

It's the best job I've ever had.

But enough about my job. About me!

I'm energetic and bouncy, with a quick smile and laugh. But I also love long, slow discussions and thinking big thoughts. I'm relentlessly social during summers, inside during winters. Normally, I'm on here and all like, "Hey! You seem cool! Want to go to [really cool event]?" Then we go to said event, and it's actually really/somewhat cool about 70% of the time, and we prove that we can have fun even with a shitty event the remaining 30% of the time.

I've managed to fit a lot of things into life so far. I've owned a comic book and game store. Since then, I've been a glassblower, a banker, and an Occupier. I've worked in nanotech, and I'm super interested in cognitive neuroscience. I've traveled. Extensively. Highway 80 and I are like old lovers, and I'd love to get back to Southeast Asia sometime soon.
What I’m doing with my life
I'm a farmer.
I’m really good at
Doin' stuff! I get bored easily and then fall into cycles of self-betterment. An archival sampling: flintknapping, aerial trapeze, flogging, half a dozen financial thingamabobbers, gardening, mountain climbing, tree climbing, rock climbing, urban exploration. Stacking stuff (check this dude out: https://www.facebook.com/GravityGlue?pnref=lhc).

Things I am not really good at: carrying a tune. Seriously, the Geneva Conventions prohibit broadcasting my karaoake "attempts" in war torn countries.

I can build prototypes like a muthafucka.

I'm good at listening and asking questions. Srsly, that's one of my general approaches to life.

I'm really good at saying, "hells yeah!" when people say, "Hey, do you want to go to do [insert practically anything here]." That's the other general approach to life.
The first things people usually notice about me
Is my Buddha-like modesty [citation needed].
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Authors: H.P. Lovecraft, Tom Robbins, Tim Dorsey, Charles Stross, Terry Pratchett, Carl Hiaasen, Ken McLeod, Douglas Adams, and too many others to name.

Graphic Novels: Transmetropolitan, Y: The Last Man, Fables,Sandman, Sandman Mystery Theater, My Faith in Frankie, Hellraiser, Hellboy, and a bunch more. Before the Recession, I was a partial owner of a comic book and game store.

Music: I'm not real picky, but I really like Cage the Elephant, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Benny Benassi, Matisyahu, and deadmau5. Blackalicious and Lords of Acid are great. As is Lady Gaga. And if you can't get down to Ke$ha, well, more power to you. But I can. I also haven't updated this list since 2011.

Food: Do you have a favorite Asian, African, or Latin place in Youngstown, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, NYC, or Atlanta? PLEASE SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE!

Also: People who eat my food keep asking for more, so I'm assuming I'm a pretty good cook. We have a communal dinner at my house for most of the farm workers, and we usually have room for another mouth. Fair warning: house meals may include any of the following: tree nuts, meat, gluten, soy, other stuff.
The six things I could never do without
Stuff I would prefer not to live without (friends/family implicit):

1. Bacteria. Considering they outnumber my cells by 10:1, I consider them pretty durn important.
2. Internet/books.
3. My smart-phone; it does half my thinking for me.
4. A cup of coffee. I keep trying to kick the stuff, but I'm failing.
5. Shit...running low. My tastes are pretty simple.
6. Summer! Hah! List done!
I spend a lot of time thinking about
...life, the universe, and everything.

...whether the measure of how much wood a woodchuck chucks is a matter of mass or volume.

...sustainable futures.
On a typical Friday night I am
Partying. Well, at a social event of one type or another. Possibly 3. Meeting new people, making plans, plotting with co-conspirators, etc.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I have prosopagnosia (facial blindness). On the plus side, everyone and everything is freshly beautiful every time I see them. On the minus side, I frequently mistake people for each other or don't recognize people I know. Like myself.

I spoke at a TEDx one time.
You should message me if
...you want to take me somewhere you've never been!

...you want to take me somewhere you've been a bunch of times!

...you want to hang out and chill!

...you want to do something else instead!

I'm not super looking for sexy-fun-times. I have a partner, we have a GGG relationship, but I'm picky about who I end up in. (Ba dum ching!)
More