1. People look 100% better in real life.
2. Give everybody the benefit of the doubt.
3. You got nothing to loose from a coffee date.
Part of my studies at Regent University involved a lot of time spent doing some introspection, self-discovery, and personal development, so here are some bits and pieces about who I am and what I'm about in life, hopefully you like what you see.
1. My faith, spirituality, and relationship with Christ is a BIG part of my life and my relationships with other people. This is a non-negotiable for me when it comes to long-term relationships, so if you do not want to have a shared faith/spirituality, then please understand that's where I'm coming from.
2. Things I value in people and life: Strength, Purpose, Ethics, Aesthetics, Forgiveness, and Freedom.
3. If you're into the Five Love Languages, the ones that have the most impact on me and "speak" the best are: Physical Touch and Words of Affirmation. I think it's important to share at least one Love Language with somebody in a long-term relationship because there needs to be an affectionate "glue" that holds things together.
4. Myers-Briggs Personality: ENFP, aka the "Champion". A big double-edged strength and weakness that I have is that I am very passionate and committed to stuff I care about and will put lots of time and energy into those things, but on the flipside when it comes to things I don't really care about or don't naturally enjoy I have a hard time motivating myself to get those things done. I suppose everybody is like that to some extent, but for me I try to manage by getting into constructive daily routines to cover the stuff I don't like doing.
5. I am very creative and expressive, primarily when it comes to music and food. I play guitar and enjoy cooking very much. My acts of kindness and compassion could be described as high sympathy-low empathy, and typically revolve around serving other people's needs by listening to them, being physically present and comforting, praying, and/or counseling them and giving advice if wanted.
6. I have dreams and ambitions in life, but none of them involve the corporate ladder, a six-figure salary, or flashy cars. When it comes to the long-term, big-picture things in life, I take them very seriously... but for the day-to-day stuff I try to have fun and lead a simple life by focusing only on the things that I find meaning in.
7. If you're around me a lot, I will randomly... obsesses over geek things like science fiction and theoretical physics, speak "in character" via some accent, make observations that have little to no value in a given conversation, and express my personality quirks!