I was originally drawn to London for university and have stayed as there's basically everything I could want here. Plus I want to delay buying a car until I can get a self-driving one, and so in the meantime need a good public transport system.
Outside of work my time is taken up with meeting up with friends, as I'm lucky that I have friends from school, uni and work in London now. I also like walking, both in the city and in the country, and I visit my godson when I can.
I'm also taking full advantage of my job and some sneaky holidays to travel, and in 2015 I made it to 9 countries plus Shetland (down from 13 in 2014 :¬( ).
Books: Catch 22, Brave New World, Birdsong, Discworld, popular science books, The Martian, and I really enjoyed The Dark Tower series.
Films: Too many, really, but to name a few: Memento, BASEketball, The Lord of the Rings, Some Like It Hot, The Naked Gun, Children of Men, Amélie, The Rock, Starship Troopers, Hot Fuzz (yes, more than Shaun of the Dead), etc. etc.
TV: House, Black Books (I got to see two episodes being filmed!), Spaced, Futurama, random documentaries, Battlestar Galactica, Louis Theroux, and anything Charlie Brooker does.
Music: Mainly rock and a bit of dance and lo-fi... The Cooper Temple Clause, Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails, Pendulum, Laura Marling, Blur, The Duke Spirit, Bloc Party, and random American punk from when I was at school.
And apparently Oxford commas.
2. The Internet (and getting distracted by Wikipedia)
3. A bottle of water (I'm overly attached to these)
4. BBC iPlayer (mainly for the documentaries)
5. My tablet (as a piece of my home life when I travel)
6. Google Maps
- Went to an Arabian themed Xmas party
- Sat in Munich airport lounge
- Got drunk with a colleague and his dad on cask strength whisky in a whisky bar
- Went to the gym
- Saw Eric Idle sing "Always Look On the Bright Side of Life"
You're not disappointed that I lack a topless selfie.