New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
38 • Seattle, WA • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 26–45
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Yesterday – 10:01pm
- Asian, White
- 6′ 2″ (1.88m)
- Body type
- Atheism, and somewhat serious about it
- Gemini, but it doesn’t matter
- Dropped out of Ph.D program
- Art / Music / Writing
- Doesn’t want kids
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- English (Fluently), German (Poorly)
I'm a consummate science nerd, constantly engrossed in understanding the world around me. I love biking, making things, growing things and going on wacky adventures.
For now, I'm looking for partners of all stripes - friends, biking partners, folks for dates, etc.
I have been in poly relationships before and found that I ave enjoyed aspects of them. I am open to both polyamory and monogamy but I'm probably looking more for a slightly open, mostly monogamous relationship right now.
Oh wait, you were looking for an answer to that? Hmmph.
Long term plans:
- working in science again, corporate work is the pits, regardless of how well it pays. Edit II: So now I'm doing science in my spare time and doing art to pay the bills. This kind of boggles my mind.
- Finding more mad scientists to hang out and join the ones I already know. (never can have too many mad scientists)
- Building a non-profit biology education/hacker space where people can learn about biology and then have the facilities to design and run their own research.
- Buying a warehouse, moving in there with some like minded partners and/or friends, making it into a giant collective of artists and mad scientists.
- Finding a long-term partner in crime that enjoys the sharing of activities, obsessions, knowledge and memorable times. I'll dig the things you're into if you dig mine.
- Making a self-employed career out of building/researching stuff that I find useful and/or cool and selling it.
- 1)Create a monstrous mob of mutant monkey men. 2)Take over world. 3)??? 4)Profit!
I'm not too bad at biking either.
Oh yeah, I just remembered (incidentally, I can be a bit forgetful at times), I do tons of gardening. I love that it feels like alchemy - take tiny seed, add water and horseshit, get hundreds of pounds of tomatos and terrifyingly huge sunflowers.
Science-type stuff. If it has to do with science, I almost certainly know about it and have a decent probability of being able to go on at great length about it until your ears hurt.
Eating, I'm very good at eating. I have been referred to lovingly(?) as a disgusting, ravenous maw.
I'm kind of loud.
My hair is making a last Custerian stand. I think it's gonna get its ass scalped soon...
Since that's probably as clear as mud, here's some examples:
Books (made-up shit): Jorge Borges, Neal Stephenson, China Mieville, Tom Robbins, Ursula Le Guin, Iain Banks, Linda Nagata, well written Lovecraftian fiction, old school sci-fi of the Niven/Clarke/C.L. Moore/Stapledon school. Also, I can chew on most good pulp fiction and I have a weakness for retarded writers like Clive Cussler.
Books (slightly less made-up shit): Most of my reading these days, too many to list comprehensively. Some faves from the last few years - Beak of the Finch, Most Oliver Sacks Stuff, A Field Guide to Microbes, Square Foot Gardening, anything about biology, complexity theory, particle physics, natural history, puny human history, your mom.
Movies: I don't really watch too many movies these days but some favorites: anything by Errol Morris, 32 Short Films About Glenn Gould, Smilla's Sense of Snow (book was good too), Harold and Maude, Miyazaki, most of Chan Wook Park's stuff, 2001, Amores Perros, Y Tu Mama Tambien, Big Trouble in Little China, early Peter Jackson films, the first 2/3s of Secretary, Cowboy Bebop, Science is Fiction, Pi, etc.
TV: Sorry, TV has let me down too many times with shows that are good for a year and then slowly go completely flat. X-files and Alias, I'm looking right at you. I *might* be talked into watching something on DVD but prepare to have to be persuasive. First Person and Planet Earth and the random Nova were good though...
Webcomics, yeah I read too many of these: Gunnerkrigg Court, Rice Boy, Digger, XKCD, Wondermark, Dr. McNinja, Goats, Achewood, Hark a Vagrant aaannnd like 50 others. I can quit anytime I want, goddammit! Addendum, now I'm addicted to Homestuck... goddamint!
Music: Man, I don't even know anymore. Having 20,000 MP3s killed my ability to coherently listen to music. Is there a 12 step program or something?
Food: Anything that does not contain onions or (shudder) cilantro. But don't worry, I can eat pretty much any cuisine since I'm pretty ninja at eating my way around the former.
1: Space-time continuum
2: Pauli exclusion principle
3: redox reactions
6: metabolic homeostasis
Actual, non-obvious answers that provide insight into my character other than I'm a smartass:
Yeah, so I'm too lazy to fill that out right now, bite me. I will say that cheese goes somewhere on that list. No, really. If a doctor told me I had to give up eating cheese or die in two months, I'd start spending my remaining quality time with my loved ones and a bucket of aged Gouda.
I do miss hitting live shows and running amok late at night so zany sidekicks are encouraged to apply within.
So, here's some amusing things about me instead.
- I own a serger and sewing machine. I am confident enough in my masculinity that I can sew buttonholes whilst eating quiche.
- My earliest memory was freaking out about the fact that my brain had just become able to store memories and being aware that the entirety of my life that I could remember was about 30 seconds long. I think I was about 3.
- Mountain climbing very nearly killed me 3 times.
- I am terrible at naming things. I nearly named my last dog 'Dog' and my last bike was named 'Bike'. It's probably just as well I don't want kids.
If you are passionate about something, that's a bonus as well. It matters less what you are passionate about, just care about something and throw yourself into it.
You want to go on stupid bike adventures with me. Or if you want to go hiking, snowshoeing, urban exploring. Also, I used to ski, rock climb and mountain climb a fair amount. I might be talked into doing those again.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.