I moved here 14 years ago from Ohio and it feels like home here. I have thoughts about moving, but nothing has gotten me to leave yet.
I used to have a bunch of paragraphs trying to explain who I am, but I changed it to a list of random facts about me. Hopefully something resonates with you.
- I love anything in the culinary world. Craft beer, wine (mostly reds), and good food. I also like to cook and don't even mind cleaning. When I eat something amazing, I challenge myself to make it myself, adding a twist that makes it even better. Things I do for fun usually involve food, whether it's walking through the farmers market sampling produce, dinner with friends, or going to a wine festival.
And I eat salad with my steaks, so I'm almost a vegetarian....right?
- Speaking of cleaning, a lot of people tell me I'm the cleanest guy they know. I'm not OCD, but my small apartment feels bigger when it's clean.
- I've been running / hiking more lately and it's a love/hate relationship. I love that feeling afterwards. I sign up for 5K's just to keep me active in between the runs and I don't care what my finishing time is.
- Whether it's laying on a blanket at Balboa Park, riding bikes around Mission Bay, or driving to LA because I want a Pink's hot dog, I know that it's really about the company you're with more than the environment that matters. If we have chemistry, I can have fun doing pretty much anything.
Lately I have been taking evening strolls through my neighborhood and it helps to calm me and give me a sense of peace. Having someone to converse with would be nice sometimes.
- I prefer a smaller group of close friends rather than a lot of friends that I only see once in a while.
- I love music and have to listen to it every day. I love going to live shows, although I haven't been going as often as I would like. We don't have to like the same music, but if you ONLY listen one type of music 100% of the time, we may not get along.
- I'm nowhere close to being vegan or vegetarian, but the whole culture interests me enough to where I want to start making better choices with what I eat.
- I'd rather spend time having a BBQ in someones back yard or enjoying a drink at the a dive bar chatting with random people than going clubbing downtown or sun tanning at the beach.
- I like thoughtful gestures to show that I care. I'm the type that will remember something you said a week ago and surprise you with something just to make you smile. I enjoy people who do the same.