Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
I’m officially Texan by birth, but grew up in an LA beach suburb.
After living in SF the last 6 years, I just moved back down south.
You can insert just about any SoCal stereotype and you’ll probably
have me pegged: I’m at home at the beach, can’t get enough sun,
love surfing, have more flip-flops than shoes, and (over)use words
like “awesome” and “dude.”
SoCal stereotypes aside, though, most other things about me are a
- I played soccer in college, but am a closet nerd
- I spent most of my twenties collecting degrees at graduate
schools (MD, MBA, MSc), but would opt for Family Guy over NPR most
- I’m just as content reading and people-watching in a coffee shop
as I am running stadiums or doing a bootcamp
- My Christian faith has been a driving force in my life. I credit
that and my awesome family for cutting me down to size when my
“healthy” level of self-confidence gets a little too healthy
- I love anything that involves being active (have done Mt.
Kilimanjaro, Mt. Whitney and the London Marathon) and can play just
about any sport, but have zero musical talent. I guess that's not
really a contradiction...my bad...I just wanted you to know that
I'm worldly and athletic, and I figured you wouldn't care if I
can't play the violin or sing
- I grew up a UCLA fan, but switched allegiances to USC after both
my brother and I went there for college
- Although I don't have my teaching credentials, I can teach you
how to dougie
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
- I decided not to practice medicine, and chose to work in private
equity (investing) instead. It was a difficult decision to leave
medicine, but I love my job and the people I work with
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
- Making coke slushies at work
- "Solving" Rubic’s cube...by peeling off the stickers and pasting
them back in correct position
- Saying "please" and "thank you" and holding doors open. I know
that's corny, but it's how I was raised!
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
My smile...and that I am always laughing. I use those to disarm
people before the second thing they usually notice about me: biting
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
TV: Suits, The Office, The League, SportsCenter, Archer…and any
show that reminds me of LA
Reading: Economist, WSJ, Biographies, The Namesake,
Music: Hip-hop, Rock, Alternative...depends on the day
Food: Anything and everything. Bonus points if it's spicy.
Movies: Wedding Crashers, Old School, Shawshank Redemption, Top
Gun, Slumdog Millionaire, Pixar movies (should have probably put
this last one in the embarassing facts section below)
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
1. 3 "F's": Family, Friends, Faith
3. Sunny days
4. Running shoes
5. Making my own rules
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
- what to eat next (my body still thinks I'm playing soccer 4 hours
- where to travel
- how I can have impact on the world around me (cheesy, but true)
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Hanging out at happy hour or dinner with friends and hopefully
meeting new people.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
- I'm a total ham at weddings. I LOVE giving wedding toasts; I'd
give them for strangers if that wasn't weird. Handing me a mic is
about the only thing you can do to pry me off the dance floor or
out of the photobooth.
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
- you're funny, confident, and wicked smart
- you like to be active and don't take yourself too seriously
- you love meeting new people
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.