New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
41 • Los Angeles, CA • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 28–39
- Near me
- Who are single
- For long-term dating
- Last online
- Mar 23
- Hispanic / Latin, White
- 5′ 11″ (1.80m)
- Body type
- Mostly anything
- Other, but not too serious about it
- Gemini, and it’s fun to think about
- Graduated from law school
- Strictly monogamous
- Has a kid, and wants more
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- English (Fluently), Spanish (Okay), Other (Fluently)
As predicted 2014 was better than 2013, I am going out on a limb again to say 2015 is going to even more awesome. This is the best time of the year, New York marathon is done and Christmas is just around the corner; so in honor of that, I wanted to write a solid profile, sans any douchey-ness. You will see no bathroom selfies, photos from 10 or even 3 years ago, ed hardy attire, photos with tigers or sexual innuendo, references to "partner in crime," declarations of my love for food and traveling (you may safely assume both) in here. Instead, I tried to give as accurate an impression of myself with some actual substance because I realize that online dating can be a little scary and a little sincerity can go a long way.
* Single Dad to the raddest 7 year old daughter in the entire world. (I know some are apprehensive about dating a single dad and I get it, but she has taught me more about being a man than any person I know; plus I am totally sensitive to whenever you are ever cold, hungry, tired or have to pee, which has to come in handy some times, right?)
* Friend to a great group of people (We went to college together, traveled to Europe together, been to every major league baseball stadium in the country)
* Lawyer (Yada, Yada, Yada, I work for a television studio and actually enjoy my job)
* UCLA and USC alum (I am a die-hard Bruin fan)
* Lakers fan (an unapologetic Kobe supporter), Kings fan (Go-Kings-Go), Angels fan (grew up in the OC, give me a break)
* Brutally sarcastic (everything is fair game and you will get teased a lot, but I open myself to plenty of grief, so don't worry you will get your chance)
* Lover of Live Music (I went to 14 concerts last year -- Muse, Sound City (Dave Grohl/Stevie Nicks/Rick Springfield), Soundgarden, Passion Pit, Imagine Dragons, Edward Sharpe, Kings of Leon, Fun, Moby, The Neighborhood, Coldwar Kids, Armin Van Buuren, Pearl Jam
* Runner (see first sentence of profile)
* Novice Snowboarder
Personal Fun Facts --
* Not Afraid to Just Be Myself (Good, bad or indifferent. It has taken me 40 years, but I have learned that the key to all relationships is meaningful connection and unless you are willing to be vulnerable by showing your true self the nice dinners, trips to napa and expensive gifts are a complete waste of time). For starters, unlike everyone on this site apparently, my parents have not been together for 30 years and my family can safely be described as moderately dysfunctional.
* Not a fan of country music, dodgers, trojans, wasabi, blue cheese and of camping (but if I like you, I won't forget to bring the Blake Shelton CDs and laptop so that we can watch the Trojans (hopefully lose) on the way to your favorite campsite)
* Love scotch (Single Malt with 2 cubes, b/c 3 is too many) and Love wine (but truthfully cannot tell the difference between a $20 bottle and a $100 bottle)
* I am into eating healthier these days (but if I do eat pizza it's Hawaiian and if I eat a hot dog it's always with ketchup and never
mustard . . . to be fair, I like ketchup on most things)
* Top Vacay Destinations that I Haven't Been - Maldives, Fiji, Belize, Zermatt and Colombia
The Goal --
Would I really write this much if I was looking for a random hook-up? Okay, I agree maybe some guys would. But candidly, relationships without any kind of meaningful connection were never that interesting to me and certainly nothing i care to entertain now. And while life is definitely good right now, I want to find that someone who has her life together and is strong enough to take care of herself, but open enough to let me do so instead.
What do you think of the profile? Good, too honest, too long, maybe a little narcissistic?
say I look like Ryan Reynolds
Books -- Count of Monte Cristo, Catch 22, Born to Run, Breakfast of Champions, Lolita, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Old Man & The Sea, Dawn
Movies -- Pulp Fiction, True Romance, Shawshank, Hangover, Anchorman, Wedding Crashers, Old School, Rudy, Oceans 11, Get Shorty, Snatch, Lock Stock, Layer Cake, Out of Sight, Love Actually, 40 Year Old Virgin
TV -- Game of Thrones, Curb, Louis CK, Downton Abbey, Modern Family, Parks and Rec, Office, The League, Treme, The Wire, Seinfeld, Arrested Development
Food -- Ink, L&lL bbq, Providence, Bestia, Sugarfish, Korean bbq, Sushi Wa, Musha, Maestros, Orachan, Church & State, Melisse, Island's (don't laugh, I love The Toucan)
My albums and record player
LA Times / NY Times
Can I run the NY Marathon in less than 4 hours?
When will I get better at the guitar?
If I get a cat for my daughter, does that count as an exception to the well established rule that single guys with cats are weird?
You should message me if: (1) if sarcasm and witty banter are important to you; (2) if you are a combination between homebody and crazy up for doing anything person; (3) you like discovering new interests, activities and restaurants; oh and (4) you are smart, beautiful and nice.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.