So why all the moving around, right?? Long story short, with each relocation came a career opportunity, each one significantly larger of a role than the next. The last few opportunities were both very high risk/very high reward, and unfortunately the high risk side of the equation rang true in both cases. I left what I hope to be my final big corporate job in May 2013 (Dallas, TX) and recently became a partner in a company based out of Atlanta.
I love to travel, and have been to Europe and Asia on business a number of times over the years. Favorite city to visit: Hong Kong! Ideal vacation: anywhere with a beach! My ideal date would want to travel a lot!
My friends tell me I need to disclose I'm divorced, so...there ya have it. While it was a mutual and respectful process, I learned quite a bit from my first marriage and subsequent divorce, and feel it made me look at relationships much differently (in a good way). In addition, while I absolutely adore kids, and look forward to every time I hear my nephews and nieces say 'Uncle Scott', I do not want kids of my own. It took a long time to accept that part of myself, as most people seem to frown upon it, but I'm very comfortable with the decision, as it's who I am. That all being said, I'm perfectly happy meeting someone that already has kids.
A few other things about myself:
- I love unplugged acoustical and country music
- I savor taking time to make the perfect cup of fresh ground coffee
- My 13 year old beagle owns me
- I don't have a large group of friends, however those I grow close to stay friends forever
- I'm told I can be uptight at times, though ice cream will always fix it (gummy bear toppings can't hurt either).