I am back after a one-year hiatus, due to a serious and now-over relationship. Right now I can't say what I'm looking for. Ultimately, I'm a relationship person. I have a great life, but I am happier when I can share it with someone else, and I want to find someone to be with for the long haul. However, I just got out of a relationship that I was pretty sure was going to last, so I want to take my time and take it slow so I don't wind up in the same situation all over again.
I suppose, then, I'm back on this here interwebs of dating to find interesting, intelligent, kind, thoughtful people to get to know and see what happens. I find that I match best with people who are introspective; who know how to laugh and be silly, but who can also be mature and serious. I'm interested in connecting with someone who knows who he is and what he wants, but is still able to adapt and learn; someone who is more interested in substance than style, but also knows when to put a clean shirt on and make a good impression. I find I get along best with people who are passionate, progressive, conversational, and can strike a good balance between work and play. And of course, chemistry needs to be there!
So, with all of that in mind, here is a random list o' me. It is by no means exhaustive, and it is written in no particular order. Still, it's fun, and it gives you some ideas about me. If you like those ideas, if you're intrigued and want to converse, say hello and tell me about yourself.
* A sense of humor is right at the top of my list for most important qualities in a person. I'm a fun and funny person, but I've had one hell of a time trying to infuse my profile with humor, and I thus come across as a really serious person. Trust me, if you get a chance to meet me in person, I am HILARIOUS! :)
* I'm an intelligent, inquisitive, thoughtful person. I tend to be highly aware of other people's thoughts and feelings. I analyze my own thoughts, feelings, and actions, and do the same with others - not necessarily in a judgmental way, though. I just like to understand and know
* While I care deeply about the environment and sustainable living, I am not outdoorsy and hate camping. Looking at the profiles on here, it seems as though everyone wants to climb a mountain, run a marathon, and then go camping, all on the first date. I will not be engaging in these activities with you. If it's your thing, that's cool, but anyone I date needs to be comfortable with the fact that I will not be joining them on these endeavors
* I hate watermelon...actually, all melons. Oh, and beets. And raisins. Raisins are the devil.
* I sing semi-professionally, mostly jazz/blues/soul. I gig about 1-3 times a month
* I smoke weed fairly regularly.
* I'm extremely passionate about social justice. I tend to express this passion through my work as an educator
* I'm a full figured woman. I will always be a full figured woman. I need a partner who joyfully embraces that (both literally and figuratively)
* If I had to live on one type of cuisine for the rest of my life, it would most likely be Vietnamese, with Thai, Ethiopian, and Sushi being runners up
* I enjoy playing board/card games, pub trivia, bowling, smash-putt, bocce ball, karaoke, and other structured fun. What makes it even better? Beer or wine!
* Proper writing conventions are important to me, although I have been known to make a typo now and then. If someone writes to me (or has a profile) with poor writing it is highly unlikely that I will respond. That may sound elitist, but it is what it is. Take the time to communicate effectively when trying to meet new people
* I'm a culturally Jewish, religiously agnostic, progressive liberal
Of course there is so much more to me, so if I've piqued your interest I'd love to hear from you!