Quick Disclaimer - Right now, my responsibilities own my life.
I am currently:
* Working full time at a college
* President of my union
* Chair of a campus committee
* Volunteer trainer for the City of Seattle
* In a polyamorous relationship with an INCREDIBLE person
Here are somethings I'd love to do in the few remaining hours (I don't really need to sleep, right?):
* Go camping, hiking, rowing, biking, etc.
* See new art exhibitions / gallery walks
* Squeeze in an awesome show (music or theatre)
* Try that amazing new restaurant
* Go to a lecture on some interesting topic
* Find a new cuddle buddy / lover
Ok... On to the self summary!
Intellectual pursuits play a very large role in my life. I love thinking about life, reality, culture, and the general state of the universe. If we can talk about politics, economics, sociology, cognitive science, linguistics, etc. for hours, I will probably fall in love. TED Talks, Science On Tap, NPR, Scientific American, NY Times, and The Economist are some of my favorite sources of entertainment.
Being outdoors is amazing! I love hiking, camping, backpacking, etc. I've also been going on long boat camping trips for the last couple of years. Seeing the coastline by rowing past it in a old, wooden dory is amazing. Also, I would love to go bike touring.
Art is another important part of me. I love painting, drawing, and playing bass. I love listening to music, reading, cooking, going to museums & art galleries, playing games, going to the theater, or just watching a movie.
My friends and family are an incredibly important part of my life. I've known most of my friends for over a decade. I still have the childhood friends I grew up with. My family is filled with wonderful, caring, eclectic people. I really appreciate spending time with this wonderful mix of diverse, interesting, smart, funny, and amazing people.