I am currently spinning my wheels in the muck of life, trying to gain traction and move forward. Actually, at this point I think I have actually resorted to getting out and pushing. I am an assembly line zombie at a local factory that manufactures car parts. Not at all my lifelong career but it pays well and I am (slowly) saving up to head back to school.
I currently hold a B.A. in Criminal Justice from M.S.U. My dream job was to be a police officer but I have put that on hold for the time being. Truth be told I was worried about fronting the money for police academy and then not being able to find a job afterwards because I am an out and proud trans man. So I decided shortly AFTER graduating to become a paramedic instead.
Which brings me to where I am currently- busting my ass at the factory on second shift and binge-watching Netflix when I'm not at work because I live with my mom in a small, ultra-conservative, ultra-religious small town and am trying to forget the sad facts of my current situation.
It should be noted that while I currently reside in Bad Axe, I do make semi-frequent trips on weekends to Bay City/East Lansing.
I have also recently decided to get back into shape. In college, I swam a mile most days, class and work schedule permitting. Now I just really want some toned arms and to be able to run a mile again without feeling like I have to throw up afterwards. I suppose quitting smoking would help but that's not happening. That pack a week I treat myself to is my lifeline to sanity.
I suppose I can cook, too. I am by no means a master chef but I try to avoid things that come out of cans and boxes as much as possible so my culinary skills have been improving to say the least. Not sure if this qualifies as 'really good' though.
I AM really good at misplacing things. And tripping. A lot. I'm also really good at driving like a grandpa because my trailblazer, Gerrard, is the love of my life.
Movies: My personal movie collection, as in the movies I chose to buy because I will watch them over and over again, is too embarrassing to list here. Suffice it to say, it's full of corny historically-inaccurate dramas. -shrug- I do enjoy horror movies so hopefully that's a plus??? I even watch romantic comedies when the mood catches me. In fact, I will watch holiday-themed comedies year around because Christmas is my favorite season. (Not because of its Christian value- I'm pagan- but because it is a season of giving. And snow. And twinkly lights. And I can have a blue spruce indoors.)
TV shows: Bones because I find its balance of romance and science pleasing and it also seems less scripted compared to most crime shows such as CSI or Criminal Minds. Saving Grace because of the corky lifelong friendship between Grace and Retta. And because I like Grace's spunk. Rescue Me because the intertwined bromances are adorable. I don't really watch cartoons, even the adult ones, because I lose interest too quickly but they are great for background noise while I am cleaning or cooking because I feel I'm not missing anything.
Music: MCR, AFI, BMTH, Falling in Reverse, pretty much anything that is alternative, screamo, or metal.
Food: While I limit my diet to protein shakes, eggs, chicken, and rice for most of the week, on my cheat days I usually go for pizza, sushi, Thai, Indian, Chinese, or steak. Sadly, most of these things are unavailable to me in Bad Axe.
1) I-Pod. I went without it for several months when I washed it by accident and couldn't afford to replace it because Gerrard is my #1 and that struggle was real.
2) Cell phone- I lived a month abroad without one and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be although I did miss texting more than I care to admit.
3) Laptop- my laptop is named Giles after the librarian in Buffy the Vampire Slayer because he's smart and sexy and has a British accent. Or maybe he's sexy because he has a British accent. I don't know. It's been awhile since I binge-watched that show. Actually I've never seen it all the way through so if that's something you're down for, you should hit that 'Message' button and drop me a line. Anyway, the mere thought of replacing my ancient Giles is very depressing. What is also depressing is that the reason I can't 'do without' my laptop is because of Netflix and Facebook.
4) Pets- I love ferrets, and dogs, and rats. I am also slowly developing a love for cats, which has only taken me so long because I am slightly allergic. I currently have two ferrets and a degu, although the degu was the love child of a previous relationship and I didn't feel comfortable leaving him in my ex's care. Ferrets are the closest thing to children I will probably ever have, not that I am opposed to children. I am merely trying to express my depth of love for them <3
5) Companionship. Usually I'm fine living by myself. Sometimes I even feel exhausted by spending time with people. But I don't think I could survive without some kind of companionship. Notice how I didn't say 'family' or 'significant other'. Because I have survived without both. It could be a close friend, an awesome roommate, or smart canine.
6) A pocket knife. I have a small collection of knives which sounds way creepier than it is IRL. I'm always carrying one for protection (I nearly got into a bar fight since I moved home after some drunken fool saw the 'F' on my license when I was buying a beer after a long day at work and decided to take offense that my kind was in his bar) and just because you never know when it will come in handy- to open a box, cut that string that's hanging from your shirt sleeve, etc.
My future: When the hell I will be able to afford my paramedic certification. Where I will end up settling down. Where in the world I will travel throughout my life. Will I commit to someone enough to want to have a family with them? Oddly enough I also mull over my past relationships a lot, honing in on what lessons I learned from them so that in my next relationship I can be an even better lover.
And on a less serious note what tattoo/piercing I should get next ;) (although I do take them very seriously)
Also, if you cannot think of me as male please don't message me.
Note: my pictures are pretty out-of-date due to my transition. I will be posting updated photos shortly. I can grow a full beard now and have fewer piercings due to the fact that one of my previous jobs did not allow facial piercings. I am slowly getting re-pierced though ;) One of the few pluses of working in a factory is that they do not give two shits what you look like. Also, my hair is no longer black because my beard is a reddish brown and I prefer to sport a beard.