Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
Keep in mind that I am very busy. I work in the oilfields long
hours to earn my keep. This means I may go days, if not a week or
more without checking my email. So, understand if you message me
that you may not get an instant response. Whether we might hit it
off or not, I am courteous enough to respond to any messages I get.
And now, the list:
1. I have my own hobbies which I will gladly share with you and
would like to participate in yours as well. But, if you do not like
mine nor I yours, let's not pretend. Just because someone does not
share a particular interest you have does not mean they hate
2. Your profile pics, without context, would not have someone
mistake you as a street-walker.
3. You are honest.
4. You can stand to be around someone who cusses (curses) so much
that it goes beyond rude, profane, and embarrassing to being
comical and absurd.
5. You find that the differences between "there", "their", and
"they're" are important. The same goes for "it's" and "its".
6. You do not have kids and will not miraculously produce any by
the third date.
7. You cannot decide whether the world occupying the space between
your ears is more important than that before your eyes.
8. You have a sense of adventure and know how to set up a
9. You know what S.P.O.R.T.S means...or "tap, rack, bang" if your
GT score was too low; and you get the joke
10. You are a gamer or don't mind me being one.
11. You are not totally cray-cray.
12. You understand that I am who I am and am not a work in
progress. I will not become someone's idealized version of me
unless I want to. I grant the same to you.
13. I have been asked many times about my salary. Do not ask if
what I put in my profile is accurate - it is. Also, if the first
question a woman asks me is about my wealth then I suspect she is a
gold-digging whore. I do not live, dress, or act like most people
that make that much. I don't plan on blowing all my money on crap
because I have to buy swords, maces, battle axes, mint Star Trek
memorabilia, neon beer signs, and velvet paintings to decorate my
place with all that money.