I'm a hopeless romantic and old fashioned gentleman. A passionate gamer and writer, and an occasional poet. I love almost anything with a good story; be that a book, game, or movie. And I'm a sucker for any story where the guy gets the girl.
I'd rather spend an evening with friends playing board games or relaxing over dinner and a great conversation than most anything.
I love good food, both cooking and finding new and amazing restaurants.
I'm a mix of deeply logical, profoundly passionate, and endlessly patient.
Laid-back, light hearted, and outgoing, I care deeply for people, and love animals and the outdoors.
I'm also quick to laugh and a big goof at times.
One of my favorite ways to spend a weekend is to get in the car, pick a direction, and go exploring with someone I love.
I believe being a honorable good man is still worth striving for.
I am very dedicated to the communities I call home and do my best to support them and their members. I also strongly believe in the idea of community in general and in people taking care of their friends and neighbors. As a result I'm often the first called on to lend a hand, a fact I love.
Taking care of my partner is extremely important to me.
I want to:
* Bring her flowers, for no reason but to see her smile.
* Catch her admiring a locket in the store and sneak back to buy it later.
* Learn her favorite drink and be certain I always have it on hand.
* Buy her beautiful clothes; things that show off all of her beauty and most importantly make her feel beautiful.
* Take her to concerts and her favorite shows.
* Travel with her and show her the world.
* Expose her to new experiences she’s never dreamed of.
* Let her heart follow her passions and support making them a reality.
* Learn the things that are important to her and embrace them as my own.
* Bring her breakfast in bed.
* Buy her the dress I know she thinks costs too much.
* Search for just the right Christmas tree in the freezing cold.
* Give her my coat when I see her shivering.
* Build a fire to go with her hot chocolate.
* Start new traditions together and honor the ones she holds precious.
* Drive all night to get her to her family.
* Cook her dinner when she's too tired.
* Take her to her favorite restaurant.
* Learn her favorite band and sneak her tickets to their show.
* Ensure that her birthday is always the biggest of deals.
* Call her just to encourage her.
* Do a thousand things just to make her smile.
* And hold her when she cries.
I'm that kind of hopeless romantic, and I want a partner who will give just as much to me in return.
Books - Edgar Rice Burrough's Martian Chronicles, Steven Lawhead's Song of Albion series, anything by Orson Scott Card, Tanya Huff's The Silvered, Sara Douglas' Wayfarer Series and Melanie Rawn's Dragon Prince and Dragon Star Trilogies.
Movies - Star Wars, The Fifth Element, Princess Bride, Monty Python, Contact, Blade, Aladdin, The Aristocats.... A wide swath of Sci-Fi, Action, Horror, Fantasy, Romance, Family movies and Comedy, however I tend to prefer older comedies to what is popularly funny these days.
Shows - Doctor Who, Doctor Who, Doctor Who and Doctor Who... Oh and a bunch of others as well.
Music - Anything with a good beat or that I can sing to, I used to be in a choir in college and still love to sing. That or Dubstep if I'm working on something.
Games - I much prefer tabletop games, board games, card games and role playing games to electronic games as I'd rather spend time with people than play something alone. So a few examples are: Catan, Risk, Monopoly, Magic, Munchkin, Star Wars X-Wing, Fluxx, Nuts, Cards Against Humanity and a recent addition, Zombicide. That said you will find me wasting hours on Skyrim from time to time. :)
A great story - stories are the foundation of our society, whether as history or entertainment they bind us together and help us to share our experiences with each other.
My friends - who brighten every day.
Games - to challenge and entertain.
My cat - my old man, who has seen me through the best and worst moments of my adult life.
And the last I'll leave blank because I firmly believe we always have new things to experience and ways in which we can grow.
Or traveling around Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky visiting friends.