OLD UPDATE: [BLATANTLY OUTDATED STUFF HERE, FOLLOWED BY NON-SEQUITUR:] ...But if you hate the 80s and love the Blackout Stout by the Great Lakes Brewery, I'd hate to lose a chance to talk about stuff just because it's complicated on Facebook
Ok, let's get the important stuff out of the way first:
* You don't have to read my profile in detail. I'd appreciate it if you raked your eyes over it and see if anything worth talking about pops out, and we can go from there. None of it is all that important in particular. Think of it as fodder.
* Jazz is awesome.
* Mitchell and Webb are awesome.
* BrokenPictureTelephone was/is awesome.
* Microbrews are awesome.
* I'm a fairly typical Pharyngula/PZ Myers fanboy, I think.
* I'm all up in the maths. Harmonic analysis if you have to know. I have a math blog I could show you if you really want to know.
* I don't know why, but the Godhand edit is my favorite meme. It's really lowbrow, but I don't care. It contains all the drama and frustration and glory and euphoria of the human condition in four panels. Maybe 90% of your life would have to be panel 1 for you to really understand. Could be.
* I am Mr. Gruff, the atheist goat who loves coffee instead of Jesus.
Ok, now back to how I last had my profile before:
I don't have a soul, but I was saving money to have one custom-made out of fog and street lights. And by that, I mean that I like 60's jazz a lot. Not that I really believe in souls, except as a convenient shorthand for epiphenomenal stuff or whatever. Like when someone said that my soul smells like damp pine needles, and I was sort of flattered because it makes me think of gin. I used to drink gin, but then I moved to Michigan for grad school and found out about microbrews.
I used to have a post-repressed rant about hangups and such, but then I got bored with all that and it looked somewhat and pathetic and a little creepy/needy/solipsist or something, and I cut it.
Honestly, I'm a fairly typical sample of what a commenter on the blog Pharyngula is like, so if that's the kind of person you like, there you have it. My job is math, so I'm not bad at understanding intricate things explained clearly, but I get bored/frustrated with and don't always try to pick up hints. I've gotten somewhat better about that, but I don't think I've used up my lifetime's worth of social blunders resulting from not having had something explained properly to me before yet.
I'm kind of old enough to eventually start thinking long-term and serious and whatever, but I'm finicky and don't always seem to bond much, so I don't know how that's going to work out, ultimately.
Also: Be sure to stick around for the "think of something from the 80's that SirJection actually likes and win a mention in his profile" challenge. It is what it sounds like.
I am ponderous, disaffected, and blaming grad school