Find better matches with our advanced
matching system

—% Match
—% Enemy


53 Vestal, NY Woman


Similar users

I’m looking for

  • Men
  • Ages 43-62
  • Near me
  • Who are single
  • For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating

My details

Last online
Dec 24, 2013
5' 5" (1.65m)
Body Type
Average build
Special Diet
Post grad
Doesn’t have kids and doesn’t want them
English (Fluently), French (Somewhat), German (Somewhat), Spanish (Somewhat)
My self-summary
Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
Hi. Thanks for looking at my profile. I am actually not looking for new people to date right now; I am seeing someone. I wish everyone the best as you meet new friends and develop new relationships.

Enthusiastic, energetic, athletic. Enjoy intellectual conversations. Compassionate and caring. Honest and direct.

Love being outdoors -- in all four seasons and all weather. Also enjoy dressing up for an elegant evening out.

Perfect first date: OK, I've updated this ... A nice, casual dinner so we have plenty of time to talk!
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
I recently retired (yes, young !!!) from my first career. It was great fun, but I am also enjoying my second career.

Am looking forward to having more time for extended family, friends, and dating!
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
Not sure what to say here ... I love sports, especially skiing and snowboarding. I was on the ski patrol, and I am still a PSIA and AASI ski and snowboard instructor. I also love sailing and in-line skating.

Caring about and for people!
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
Wouldn't it be more fun for YOU to answer this one for yourself? :-)
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
Too many to list here right now! Feel free to ask!

A quick preview:
* food: healthy (at least usually!); on MY plate, mostly vegetarian
* theater: Andrew Lloyd Weber's Jesus Christ Superstar and Cats
* music: almost everything except rap and hip-hop
* movies: action, drama, comedy (but not slapstick)
* books: both fiction and nonfiction.
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
Extended family and friends
(Including my best friend -- which is a prerequisite to anything more)
Some sort of intellectual pursuit
Doing something that makes the lives of others easier (an essential component of my new career)
SNOW and a nice hill/mountain!!!
Water to play in/on
Pets: I love pets -- especially dogs -- and like to have pets unless work, travel or allergies make it impossible
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
How to reorganize my house
How much i wish i was already DONE with this project!!! :-)

How special it is to see young people I care about turning into wonderful, responsible adults
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Half of the time -- working!! I work every other weekend. However, I have a lot of time off during the week, and I love that!

( that is a pretty big hint about my career field ...)
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
Well, it wouldn't be very private if I posted it here, would it???

Discretion is one of my (good, I think) qualities!

Also, really embarrassing to admiit: having LOTS of trouble editing my info on this site ... Was afraid due to identification theft risks ... To put in actual age ... Actual age is stated plus 1- 5. Meant to fix prior to going "live" ... Failed ... :-) however, what you see is, indeed, what you get in spite of this editing flaw! Primary photo is from June 2013!
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
You are curious about all the things I saved to share a little later. I am inclined to talk by phone or over coffee rather than sending lots of texts or emails. { I feel like I shouldn't have to state this, but INITIAL meetings must be in public, low-pressure places. Please don't ask me to come watch a DVD with you at your house when we haven't even met yet! Don't ask me to go on a long, secluded hike. Jay Leno once joked that 93% of women are cautious about on-line dating -- and the other 7% are MISSING!!! ;-)}

If you are interested in getting to know each other and seeing where we go from there, I would like to hear from you!

I would prefer that you don't live TOO far away, so we can meet for activities (e.g., a casual dinner out, seeing and then talking about a movie, going to a sports event), but, if we are both really interested, I think living a few hours apart would be manageable.

... so, if this sounds interesting, please let me know!i