- Taking one route to get somewhere and another to get back
- Eating raspberries straight off the bush
- Snuggling up in bed on a cold night wearing an old-fashioned nightgown, knee socks, and nothing else
- Reciting poetry or singing from memory (particularly in archaic/dead languages)
- Making pancakes and bacon on Saturday mornings
- Standing on top of a mountain and knowing that I got there entirely under my own power
- Drinking black tea and checking my phone five minutes before going to sleep (I appear to be immune to both caffeine and blue light)
- Hanging up laundry on the clothesline on a sunny day
- Smelling lilacs
- Exploring old graveyards
- Engaging in random harmless acts of pyromania
- Making sure I hear the All Things Considered theme music at least once a day
- Drinking fruity, girly cocktails
- Loading up my Netflix queue and Kindle account with far more books and movies than I will ever have time to read/watch
I believe that true love should be based on a solid foundation of approximately equal portions passion, snark, and homemade locally-sourced bacon cheeseburgers.
Myers-Briggs INTJ (if you're into that sort of thing). Opinionated, creative, wacky, curious. Looking for a companion along the journey, literally and otherwise. My approach to life, love, sex (and spirituality) might best be described as "earthy".
I am very picky, but I fall hard. If I bother to message you, it's because I think there's serious potential.
My favorite season is winter, and I'm never more energized than when it's 30 below and there's 3 feet of snow on the ground. Hence the screenname.
I'm really bad at: lying. World's worst liar. Seriously.
Music: my Pandora shuffle cycles between Great Big Sea, Vampire Weekend, Franz Ferdinand, Steeleye Span, Natalie McMaster, TMBG and as much random bhangra, bossa nova and Afro-pop as I can convince the algorithm to let me listen to. I also love chant, classical, and choral music. Plus, yeah, Broadway musicals. My two favorites, improbably enough, are "Chess" and "The Secret Garden".
TV and movies: still catching up, since I've only had a Netflix sub for a year (late adopter, what can I say), but Call the Midwife and Outlander are tied for the best TV ever. I like costume dramas and character-driven shows/films in general, and have a low tolerance for violence, explosions and mindless sex.
Food: I'm a loca-omnivore, just don't try to feed me sushi. Oh, and while we're on the subject of food, if you're looking for a woman who can eat you under the table and belongs to that tiny minority of American females with no noticeable food or body issues, you've found your gal. I have a wicked sweet tooth and particularly enjoy the sensation of chugging cold milk and feeling it spread down the inside of my throat. And yet, I weigh 135 at 5'4". I guess I just have the world's most inefficient metabolism.
My smartphone, high-quality milk chocolate, Chapstick, my pellet stove, my bicycle, and my fuzzy slippers.
Wondering why so many guys on OKC have the word "taco" as part of their usernames. Hoping it isn't some X-rated joke that I'm not in on.