New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
32 • Brooklyn, NY • Woman
I’m looking for
- Ages 31–38
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Yesterday – 9:21pm
- Hispanic / Latin
- 5′ 2″ (1.57m)
- Body type
- Mostly anything
- Christianity, and laughing about it
- Sagittarius, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from university
- Entertainment / Media
- Mostly monogamous
- Doesn’t have kids
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- English (Fluently), Spanish (Okay), Welsh (Poorly)
All right, so I'm not actually that egotistical, but people do often ask me if I'm Italian when in fact, I'm "some kind of Spanish". I tend to dish out a lot of random quotes in my regular conversation, and am likely to tap dance while waiting for trains and elevators. I do a really good impression of Judy Garland which actually gets better when I've been drinking. I'm not sure if that says something about me... or Judy.
I said I wasn't going to turn into a bike person and then I got a bike... and now I can't really stand to be without it. No, it's not a road bike, but it's the cutest bike in the world and it suits me just fine. Unless you're one of those guys who dresses head to toe in spandex, I can probably keep up with you. *update* Then someone stole my cutest bike in the world and I went on a rampage. Eventually I got a new bike (not as cute, but it works), then had a bit of an accident and broke both bones in my right forearm. I'm part cyborg now.
Some fun facts about me: I have no middle name, although for some reason my credit card statement likes to give me the middle initial "L." I was born with the hiccups.
Full disclosure, I was really tempted to delete all of the above and just put "I am Sancho." in this space.
Also, I am pursuing musical theater, which is, for the record, something only totally crazy people do. You've been warned.
- randomly quoting tv shows/movies/musicals.
- super girly things, ie. makeup, interior decorating, anything to do with aesthetics, really.
- being a good fat kid. If I am in a room with a cupcake, said cupcake has five seconds to live.
- baking, which is useful when one is, as I've mentioned, a good fat kid.
- maintaining a high level of functionality in a crisis.
- making absurdly long lists.
I can venture a few guesses:
- I'm outspoken, opinionated, and do not seem to have much of a filter.
- I sometimes sing random bits of conversation.
- I'm pretty short.
- But, if I'm being really honest: Boobs. I mean... I don't profess to know a ton about straight men and their preferences but let's just be serious here. I could pretend it was otherwise but... I've had fairly largish boobs for a fairly longish time. I'm at peace with it.
Now reading: "Of Things Gone Astray" by Janina Matthewson
See? I told you I read female authors! Also, this book is a delight. A little sad at times, but in a way that gives you hope rather than just making you super depressed.
Just finished: "Vurt" by Jeff Noon. It's at least the 4th time I've read this book but I love it so much. It's a wonderful cyberpunk novel and somehow I JUST learned that there are two more in the same series. Yes, I have already ordered them from Amazon.
Favorite drama: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Favorite romantic comedy: High Fidelity
Favorite comic book movie: Watchmen
Favorite black and white movie: His Girl Friday
Favorite movie-musical pre 1980: Singin' in the Rain
Favorite movie-musical post 1980: Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Favorite foreign film: Amelie
Favorite documentary: Jiro Dreams of Sushi
Favorite book-to-movie adaptation: Perks of Being a Wallflower
Favorite Mel Brooks film: Young Frankenstein
Favorite Wes Anderson film: Royal Tenenbaums
Favorite Christopher Guest film: This is Spinal Tap, which I guess is technically Rob Reiner... so if we want to be SUPER technical, then Guffman, but really... Spinal Tap.
Favorite totally ridiculous movie: Anchorman
Favorite Muppet movie: Muppets Take Manhattan
Favorite Pixar film: Monsters Inc.
Favorite classic Disney animated film: Beauty and the Beast (though my favorite Disney prince is Philip from Sleeping Beauty, largely because he actually has a name... and a personality)
Favorite total chick flick: Pride and Prejudice
Favorite stereotypical high school movie: 10 Things I Hate About You
Favorite quintessential 80s movie: Better Off Dead
Favorite Christmas movie: It's a Wonderful Life
I'm sure I could come up with endless categories but would anyone really read them? Or care? I will say, however that "Favorite horror film" does not appear here on purpose, because I really just can't do horror movies. They give me nightmares.
The TV shows I tend to follow closely are exceptionally British (Sherlock, Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, Spy), but I do love some 30 Rock, Modern Family, Psych, South Park, Archer, and a number of other things. Every now and then, I'll work through a series on Netflix but lately, I just don't have the time.
I enjoy many kinds of music, though I'm not that into rap, hip hop, overly electric things, screamy things, or country, but there are usually individual artists within those genres who are exceptions. This is not going to be a really representative list in any way, but I do particularly love Radiohead, Regina Spektor, Death Cab, Jets to Brazil, and Fiona Apple.
Things I'm currently listening to too much: Langhorne Slim, Horse Feathers, Annie and the Beekeepers, Andrew Bird, Hey Marseilles.
In case you happen to be into musical theater and these names mean anything to you, my main composer loves are Michael John LaChiusa, Sondheim, Jason Robert Brown, Kander and Ebb, and a bunch of alums of NYU's Graduate Musical Theater Writing Program whose names will soon be Broadway staples.
Favorite foods are hard for me because I do seriously love food. Honestly, I don't think I could ever date a vegetarian. We can be friends, I can even cook some awesome things for you, but one of the things I love most about food is sharing it, and if I'm going to make some amazingly delicious chili or lamb meatballs... it's no fun at all if you can't (or won't) also taste it.
Dessert might be my favorite thing, I have a sweet tooth that could kill a hippo (see above re: good fat kid). Brunch is my other favorite thing. I constantly struggle over whether I want sweet or savory for brunch, ideally both would happen (ex. waffle sandwich). Pork--meaning all kinds of pig-based meats--is my third favorite thing (not third in order of preference, just third in the order in which I'm mentioning them). Also cheese is possibly the best thing ever. Possibly better than dessert. See? I said I couldn't pick favorite foods... or favorite anything else.
Really good music
Singing really good music
Really good books
Living near some sort of body of water
You did see how much I wrote about my favorite books, foods, etc., right?
Yeah, that's what I thought.
Here are some options:
- out being a beer nerd.
- out being a good fat kid.
- out at a show.
- staying in reading or watching some movie or TV show.
- building a snowman to make our best friend and trying to decide on an appropriate name for him. Maybe Beowulf.
- any number of other things. Fun things. Totally.
When you get to be an "old timer" on a dating site, it's probably time to quit.
- you have a blue box that is bigger on the inside and that you use to travel throughout time and space.
- you like playing outside (biking, hiking, kayaking, tennis, sheep shearing).
- you like going for adventures, eg. getting lost in some part of the city with no particular agenda, or going out and specifically hunting down some crazy awesome thing to do.
- you're really into beer and want to go try lots of different kinds at various cool beer bars around the city and/or brew our own, potentially using a foul-mouthed robot as a fermentation tank.
- you already brew your own beer and want to teach me.
- you play some kind of musical instrument and are interested in pursuing a collaborative musical project with someone who has never really been part of a band, but is a pretty damn good singer and a half-decent lyricist.
- you are capable of typing and prefer to type in complete, mostly grammatically correct sentences when pursuing any kind of correspondence. I'm well aware that this is a really stupid, nit-picky request, but eh. I'm sure there are people out there, just like me, who are outraged by the misuse of your and you're, et al.
- you live in the middle-ish (yeah, that's right. I just made some comment about proper grammar and then proceeded to make up a word. This is probably more indicative of my personality than anything else on here.) part of Brooklyn and want more friends in your neighborhood or close by. Or, alternately, if you want someone to explore Brooklyn with. I'm pretty fond of my borough and I'm always up for going to new places. There are approximately a shit ton I haven't been to, I'm sure.
- you were intrigued and/or entertained by any of the nonsense contained in my profile.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.