I'm the ambitious but sweet and witty while adventurous girl next door who enjoys traveling, volunteering, and hanging out with family and friends as much as possible.
I have a great appreciation for life and try to make the best of every day. I have an insatiable curiosity to explore new places, to try new things and to meet new people. This has led me to travel all across the globe- climbing the Great Wall in China; skydiving over Las Vegas; riding camels in Dubai; whitewater rafting in Switzerland -with plenty more to do on the “bucket list”. Recent adventures include Australia, Iceland, Greece and Puerto Rico. However, local adventures fit my outgoing personality as well.
What's the best "new" thing you've done lately?
- Volunteering for those causes I care about
- Traveling as much as possible
- Visiting family and friends
- Mentoring LSS students & newly minted engineers about careers
- Cooking (or so I'm told)
- Solving Problems (it's my job, so that helps)
- Spending fall weekends watching football
- Spontaneous new adventures locally (restaurants, activities, shows, bands, etc.)
- Planning thoughtful gifts for others
- Attending charity events
I know quite a bit about a lot of random subjects
Movies - love action & adventure with an occasional comedy thrown in. Summer blockbusters have included Avengers, not hating Jurassic World and (though it's completely over the top really) enjoying the jokes of Ted 2.
TV- Big Bang Theory; OITNB; Blacklist; Scandal
Books - avid reader of action and adventure novels with historical, political and current events twists. Steve Berry, James Rollins, Brad Thor and the late Vince Flynn are some of my favorites. Favorite new book of the summer (as recommended by Bill Gates) is Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh. It had me laughing so hard my stomach hurt!
Music- Country & Top 40 make up the majority of my Pandora stations. Grew up singing along to oldies in the station wagon.
Good food & whiskey (or wine)
Some of the fun things to think about include:
- where my next vacation will be
- the best way to do something
- the spontaneous thing that I want to do/go to this weekend with my friends
You think we'd have great chemistry and entertaining conversations.
You're thoughtful, intelligent, funny and know what you want at this point in your life.