Find better matches with our advanced
23 • M • Oakland, CA
I’m looking for
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 20–26
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last Online
- Yesterday – 6:20pm
- 5′ 11″ (1.80m)
- Body Type
- Mostly anything
- Atheism, and somewhat serious about it
- Libra, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from university
- Science / Engineering
- Relationship Status
- Relationship Type
- Doesn’t have kids, but might want them
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- English (Fluently), Spanish (Poorly)
By night I'm a curious intellectual and observer, absorbing information and culture through the media of foods, music, books, and people.
- Analogizing ideas that seem very far removed from each other.
- Finding aesthetic beauty in any environment, object, or sound.
I inject alliteration and rhyming into normal conversation (with mixed results).
I am empathic and tend to reflect the demeanor of whomever I'm interacting with.
Currently Reading: 'Both Flesh and Not' by David Foster Wallace
Just Finished: 'Foucault's Pendulum' by Umberto Eco and 'Candide' by Voltaire
I really enjoy reading because it offers new perspectives as well as new knowledge. I enjoy anything that will make me think.
Film: I prefer more artful and intellectual films as opposed to entertainment (though this of course has its time and place). For example, I really enjoyed the recently released movie 'Her' because not only does it provide artful cinematography and dialogue, but it also entertains and provides a basis for thinking about what it means to be human. Some other favorites include: 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Machinist, and In Bruges.
Shows: I do not watch TV often anymore, but I really enjoyed Utopia, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead.
Music: I have a very eclectic taste in music. Lately I have been listening to a lot of jazz-inspired instrumentals (check out 'The Dylan Group'!), jazz itself (Miles Davis, John Coltrane, and Thelonious Monk) in addition to the usual rock/alternative rock/indie. I recently started listening to Beirut and really dig it. If you like Beirut and have any suggestions please tell me!
2. The question "why?": Without "why?" we are without the wherewithal for warmth.
3. Introspection: It's enough to delve into the understanding of the the world around you, but it's another thing to to delve into understanding your place within it.
4. Texture: Texture is important in both material things and the immaterial (e.g. sound). Textures set the tone, or the mood, or the sense.
5. The written word: The written word is miraculous because it provides a window into the mind of another; and it is even more miraculous when it is from long ago, where one is peering into a mind that has long since stopped thinking.
6. Quality: Whether material or immaterial, I must always seek quality. For material things, I appreciate the work and craftsmanship involved in making it. You can just 'feel' the quality. For immaterial things, such as interpersonal interactions, I throw myself into them fully, and expect the same from the other person to do the same--that's a quality interaction.
- What the conversations between plants would be like if they had the capacity to observe people walking down the street (and converse).
You should also message me if you have any recommendations for things to do in Oakland!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.