I'm just your regular twenty-something guy with a fondness for food, books, travel, music, art, science, peaceful places and casual mischief.
The following are some interesting and true facts about me:
- I own far too many technological doodads, and will almost definitely be first against the wall come the inevitable robot revolution.
- If there were internet IV drips, I would have one and it would be full of sloths.
- I've spent quite a bit of time poking around China - learning the language, visiting friendly mountaintop buddhas, fleeing belligerent macaques and exploring ancient parks.
- I'm exceedingly fond of art and illustration. Some artsy folk I like include Erwin Wurm, Kurt Hentschlager, Anish Kapoor, Anthony McCall, Qiu Shihua, Shaun Tan, Hayao Miyazaki, Kozyndan, and Michel Gagné.
- I am at my most perfectly content when watching Antiques Roadshow on a rainy afternoon.
- I'm pretty into music. I play an alright piano, I've sung in a few choirs and have a trombone lying around here somewhere - not often played.. just a relic of my misspent, jazz and vegemite fuelled youth.
- Exploring is just about my favourite activity. I'm not your outdoorsy, active type, but I'll happily spend days on end wandering around, getting lost in alleyways, discovering secret parks, ancient ruins, magic caves, you name it.
Anyway, that's me, more or less. But why am I here? Well, life's always more fun with company!