Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
*If you don't have much info on your page, or it's in Hebrew (I
don't speak it yet), and you just say a short hello, I'm unlikely
to respond as I don't spend much time on here - please tell me
about yourself! :)
I was born and raised in Silicon Valley, and moved to Israel for a
Masa grant - I love it here and am exploring Aliyah
I'm a mix of a lot of things...I like getting dressed up, but I
also love camping/hiking (did a Mud Run that was a blast)...I
appreciate nice hotels/spas, but also have loved backpacking in
developing countries with almost nothing...I recently returned from
a five month trip (and seven countries) through South America by
myself where I stayed in hostels and met tons of interesting people
from all over the world. Seeing how Israelis take care of each
other abroad was really inspiring, and I was lucky to have been
taken in by Israelis when I was really sick in Bolivia.
I was raised in a very reform family, with little exposure to
Judaism. I went to study abroad in Thailand because I was
interested in Buddhism in college, and met Israelis for the first
time who convinced me to come on Birthright (so basically Thailand
turned me into a legit Jew, ha!) I had a life changing moment 8
years ago on Birthright, and have been learning about Judaism and
incorporating more and more into my life.
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
I worked in clean energy/real estate for 7 years in San Francisco
and now am on a Masa grant here.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
telling jokes that only crack me up
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
- My bubbly/vibrant/high energy personality
- I'm frequently told I look like Natalie Portman by strangers on
the street (note, this is almost always followed up w/: where she
played the crazy lady, what was that movie called again...oh right,
Garden State!) - Never clear if that's meant as a compliment!
- I laugh/smile/crack myself up a lot
- I love "shooting the shit"
- My self awareness and interest in continuously improving
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
I kind of have a thing for professional/personal growth books and
autobiographies. I recently finished Cheryl Sandberg's book Lean
Daily Show, Colbert Report, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother,
Thai food, thai food, thai.
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
1) My family and close friends
2) The forest/beach
3) My tennis racket
4) My yoga pants, ha
5) Butternut squash/Pumpkin Thai curry (I lived in Thailand for 6
6) Awkward moments (preferably for others!)
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
- What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?!
- How can I make a positive impact
- How awesome this world is
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Shabbat services and dinner, I am trying to observe Shabbat
I would say I'm Shomir Shabbat (light/flexibleish), but am open
minded to being with someone more observant and/or someone open
& committed to self improvement.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I am the .01% of people who apparently is highly allergic to bed
bugs. Thank you Bolivia.
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
1) Funny/witty/appreciate sarcasm
3) If you wrote "Like Cats," you really only like cats who act like
4) Very active/athletic- hiking, tennis is a plus :)
5) Love traveling (I've backpacked in Europe/SE Asia/South
7) A glass half full kind of person
8) Are making a positive impact on the world in your own way. You
have an agenda beyond yourself.
9) Think an ambitious, career-driven woman is hot
10) You are not emotionally constipated/you appreciate direct
communication (coming from Silicon Valley, this is particularly
relevant for me and my California friends).
11) You are not high maintenance and don't sweat the little stuff.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.