- I beat obesity. I healthfully went from 245lbs to to 190 lbs in 2012 and have stayed in a healthy BMI range since then. My goal is to live to a happy, healthy 100 years.
- I'm the oldest of 5 kids
- I'm a mother-flippin' private pilot (meaning I fly airplanes as a hobby)
- I'm civic-minded. I'm the guy who will pick up litter while waiting for the bus.
Here's what's seems to be controversial about me:
- I'm a practicing Catholic. I date both inside and outside the faith, but if you can't stand the idea of dating a Catholic then I won't waste you're time.
- I'm conservative. I date people of all politics, but if you are left-of-center and can't get past the idea of dating someone with political differences, I'm sorry.
- I hate marijuana. I've been too hurt witnessing the motivation it's sapped from some of the most talented people I know. I still haven't met--or even heard of--the person whose life turned around for the better thanks to recreational weed. I'm glad we're moving away from incarcerating users, but I'm looking for the most important person in my life, and the pain of picturing that person regularly inhaling wasted potential is too much for me.
I've had my "after body" since the end of 2012. I had been obese since childhood before then. Here's what I'm still trying to work out:
- I'm still not used to the new way that people treat me.
- I'm not used to women showing signs of interest in-person.
- I'm not used to being able to hurt anyone's feelings just by stating a different opinion.
- I'm not used to dating women who are beautiful on the outside and the disappointment when their insides don't measure up.
- I'm not used to being taken as seriously as I'm taken now.
- I'm not used to receiving credible sexual advances.
- I'm not used to receiving full recognition for what I can do.
- I'm not used to the way I can fall in love with the wrong person. All I know is that I've done it before, and I never want to do that again.
I realize inbox spam is a major problem for most of you, and the last thing I want to do is make that problem worse. I'll only be messaging you if you "like" my profile (click the star).