It does not mean this is my same life in 5, 10 or even 20 years. I love change and new adventure. Before starting this farm in 2009 I traversed every continental state in the U.S. for three years. Prior to the Ozarks, we lived in Florida (the Space Coast) before that, Omaha, Neb., and before that, Fayetteville, NC. The "priors" list is quite long and colorful and includes travel overseas as well (in my sans-kids days). What this “really” means is I could consider selling the farm. I could consider following “the man” and integrating into his life. But, it's a tall order for "the one" to ask me to leave this place. So, you gotta ask yourself, are you and your life- choices as altruistic and conscientious? Because, although I would negotiate and concede on some things, I will not "sell my soul" just to be in a relationship. Besides never moving to a city, you can ask me the other things I won't settle for...
You see, I don't have a very hopeful outlook for our economy/state of the proverbial Union. We have reached peak oil, our monetary system actually has no real money in it, and our food and water rights are being slowly taken away from us. As a parent, AND a steward of the planet and its inhabitants, it's imperative to "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst." Because, doesn't luck favor the prepared?
I do still own the RV :)
My kids have me hooked on Supernatural, Jericho, and Walking Dead :), but I like documentaries, SciFi, and action/drama. An occasional tear jerker is important too!
I like making music. I love singing/harmonizing. I like listening to all kinds of music (except rap).
I love (and cook often) Middle Eastern Indian food. I love great food period, so hence, I love to cook, but, I can survive on cheese and crackers if need be. (especially, if a great glass of Merlot is involved)
1) Religion - please, no dogma here. Just a healthy appreciation for, and attitude toward, the planet, the universe, and the threads of energy which weave through it all.
2) Control/Power - WTF!... why must it exist? I understand the basis for it (instinct of family/territory protection), but, slavery, subjugation, etc, etc... "Control fuel, control movement. Control water and food, control the people. Take away the masses' means of protection... well, you will have it all." (What about Love? Will you have that?)
3) Addiction/Dependence/Ill Health
4) Industrial Food Production - Don't get me started.
5) Plastic - Especially the bags flying about or tangling into trees and brush along the road. I truly wish we all could just do w/o the stuff, and, when the oil runs out, we will have to.
6) Meaness - I'm mostly Scot-Irish, so I am a bit firery. But, not mean. I can count on one hand the times I ever struck my children as a "punishment," recount the story and still cry about it.
...Even though you scored really high on the intelligence parts of the questionaires, you don't flaunt it
...Playtime is important and you can help me get there regularly
...You too want to help the world be a better place
..."Love" is part of your everyday vocabulary
...You ARE "Being the change you want to see in the World."