-I had a dream recently. I was wandering around in a future universe attempting to find Edgar Allen Poe's grave, so I could show him all the nifty features on my flaming new watch. Before I could introduce myself to his skeletal person, the dog I was traveling with started chewing on his leg, upon which Santa, with his brand new Ferrari-made intergalactic sled-ship, advised us that our parking permit had expired. Yeah.
- I'm a scientist. I actually don't own a lab coat though, which is a sore point. I study mathematical models related to the workings of volcanoes, earthquakes, and my ever mysterious back yard. The fact that I never found dinosaur bones digging in my back yard as a kid is another sore point.
- I've been everywhere and anywhere under the clever pretext of science. Antarctica three times, for example. Penguins are actually fairly vicious; they're prone to kicking you, and will absolutely follow you around on the ice sheet, mostly out of boredom. They also smell terrible.
- I'm a rock climbing fanatic, and train 6 days a week along with running and gymnastics. I have a tremendous amount of energy, and need to use it, or things get...difficult. The only person ever to beat me in an eating contest was one of my track and field teammates. He weighed all of 105 pounds. To this day, I can't explain the physics of it.
- I will beat you at scrabble.
- I used to breakdance, until I realized I was 6'1. Bad combination, unless you want to look ridiculous.
- I'm a drummer and a classical guitarist. I've been trying my hand at flamenco finger picking, but something tells me that even if I ever get good at it, I'm simply not spanish enough to pull it off.
- I have a good deal of crazy stories, like a semi-violent run-in with the chinese mafia while on a climbing trip across Asia, taking refuge inside a poor rice farmer's house for fear of being drowned by a monsoon, and somehow feverishly riding 30 km on a crappy rusty bike while severely heat stricken and food poisoned in Cambodia. Had my friend not related this story to me after the fact, I would have never known. I still don't remember it happening.
- I'm not actually as shirtless as my pictures would suggest. In fact, I own quite a few shirts, some of which were picked out by people with a much better sense of style than me. One might even go so far as to claim that I "love the shirt". If you're a climber however, you already understand. Speaking of which, if climbing is more than just a passing interest to you, I promise not only to wear a shirt in public around you, but perhaps even love you unconditionally. Or maybe I'll just do those things anyways. Such a roll of the dice.
So, if you're a smashing character, come talk to me. I enjoy good conversation, and reckless adventures. And tea. Maybe we can argue over why tea is better than coffee.
Or, maybe you'll pass me by, bullet form not suiting your fancy.
I wander, I'm focused, whimsical, and I almost never date. I'm staunchly Canadian. I refuse to own an iphone, mostly because I like not being found, and I've built a theremin from the ground up as a side project. That being said, take me out dancing and I'll never want to leave. A female friend once described me as a unicorn, not so much in the historical sense (I hear they ditch their spirited ways at the sight of a fair maiden, or whatever they're called these days), but in the sense that I'm impossible. I'm probably just as likely to take you on the adventure of your life as I am to quietly slip between your fingers.
In any case, happy trails.