I've been in the area for about a yearish but travel and work a lot so I haven't gotten too engrained or made many friends here.
I was a military brat growing up and have still done a lot of bouncing around for school and work. I think I'm planning on being around here for a while though. Maybe; we'll see.
I try to keep a healthy balance between work and play but I tend to lean more on the work side. It's kinda fun most days though so it's not a total loss.
I don't have kids of my own per-say, but due to poor decisions from other family members, I am taking care of my young niece. Likely will for many years. She’s pretty cool for a five year old though and does take up a big chunk of my free time. I’m enjoying it though.
There are some truly disturbed people out there so I'll just throw a few items into words here to maybe get a few less crazy messages:
1. "Hi" isn't much of a conversation starter
1. If you have a photo of you wearing next to nothing in your profile (as attractive and just flat damn hot as it may be) we're not going to be a good fit. Nice to think about. Truly it is, but it's not happening.
1. If you are 300 lbs; yes you may well be a great person but it's not what I'm looking for.
1. The fact that you are 300 lbs is not something that I should feel bad about. That's a you issue.
1. I am not gay
1. I don't want to consider trying to be gay with you for a night
1. If your daughter is interested, she should be the one asking. Not you.
And to top it off...
1. I am not even a little interested in getting to know you and your husband to have some good times.
Those are all #1's because they are just that damn important to me.