Find better matches with our advanced matching system
45 / M / Straight / Single
Palos Heights, Illinois
- Last Online
- Today – 7:44am
- 5′ 9″ (1.75m).
- Body Type
- Mostly anything
- Virgo and it’s fun to think about
- Graduated from college/university
- Executive / Management
- Doesn’t have kids, but wants them
- Has dogs
- English (Fluently), French (Okay)
Vinylnut Alsip, Illinois more modern
Duffy23 Brookfield, Illinois more introverted
searedtofu Oak Lawn, Illinois less capitalistic
kgotti Chicago, Illinois more liberal
digitily Palos Hills, Illinois more adventurous
Thingshappen1 Lemont, Illinois less adventurous
evensteven708 Crestwood, Illinois more attentive
Speed_Skater Worth, Illinois more adventurous
Anyhow, I love to read anything from fiction to biographies to history to poetry to the classics. You name it, I probably have it in my collection of books. I just finished Devil In The White City and I absolutely enjoyed it! I highly recommend it! I love movies, but I always lean more to the classic movies from days gone by. I love to laugh, so a comedy or romantic comedy is always a good choice. Action movies or thrillers are also great, and I do love a cheesy horror film from time to time. My favorite movies of all time would have to be "It's A Wonderful Life" and "Citizen Kane." They are two very different movies with almost opposite messages, but they are so well done that they have stood the test of time.
Television is a different story for me. Honestly, I find most of the stuff on today to be low quality and striving for the uneducated audience. However, I do like Storm Chasers (and would like to try that sometime too), Storage Wars (I have done this locally), Family Guy, Forensic Files, 48 Hours, The Simpsons, South Park, Criminal Minds, and a couple other shows. I really prefer many of the classic shows from the 70's and 80's like All In The Family, WKRP In Cincinnati (which was like the radio stations I worked at in the 1990's), Family Ties, Growing Pains, Cheers, Cosby, and a few others.
I do like all types of live shows, from Broadway, theater, music, comedy and even opera and ballet. Last year I saw Heart and Def Leppard while in Las Vegas and was absolutely blown away! Being a music lover, I have seen everything from rock to pop to country over the years. People who look at my MP3 player would get very confused as to what type of music I listen to. Artists range from Sinatra to Eminem to Journey to Garth Brooks to Katy Perry to 50 Cent. If I had to categorize it, I would say "Pop" music, since it takes in all genres. I actually run an online radio station that plays every #1 song from 1955 to right now. Listening to it is quite an experience since the music has changed so much in over 55 years! I also love the fact that Chicago has so many excellent cover bands who put on some great shows, so I do enjoy getting out to see them every chance I get! Plus there are some phenomenal karaoke singers out there too, so I really enjoy getting out to karaoke nights (even though I can't sing to save my life)! I guess that is why I DJ... :)
I am a "foodie" of sorts and truly enjoy trying new things. I recently tried sushi and loved it! I guess I am more of a meat and potatoes kind of guy, but I am always up for a food adventure! I also love to cook and experiment in the kitchen. I was a restaurant manager for 8 years, so food has been an important part of my life, plus my mom was an excellent cook and I did learn a lot from her. Last year, while searching online, I found the recipe to Chi-Chi's Seafood Chimichangas and was pleasantly surprised when they turned out as good as what I remember at the restaurant!
2) My dog - Buster has shown me what unconditional love is all about. Many people I know could learn something from him. He is a rescue dog, but I always wonder who rescued who? Buster is a Collie-German Shepherd mix that has a very friendly and outgoing personality. He even likes the mailman and the UPS guy! Plus he loves visiting my mom and all the residents at her nursing home. :)
3) Music - This is such an important part of my life. Music defines moments and evokes memories like nothing else. I have been a DJ since college and have worked in radio, as a nightclub DJ, and often make special custom CD's for friends and family. I have a music collection that rivals most radio station's collections. I have over 15,000 record albums, 5,000 CD's, along with a ton of 45's and old 78's. I pretty much have music from every era possible from Big Band all the way to the newest from Katy Perry. I listen to almost everything and keep an open mind to different genres. About the only thing I won't listen to or own are gangsta rap and death metal... I do have my limitations!
4) Books - I went to school to be an English teacher and have always loved to read. As a child, I could get lost in a book for hours. My favorite author is Stephen King because of the way he uses your imagination to draw you into his stories. I also enjoy Clive Cussler and his adventure novels. I do read all the classics, including: Hemmingway, Steinbeck, Shakespeare, Poe, Twain, Fitzgerald, and others. I do like to read biographies and autobiographies since I love history and learning about people who changed it in some way. I always try to have a book with me when I travel or have time to read.
5) Water - I am a huge water drinker and prefer that to anything else. I will drink iced tea once in a while, but water is my usual choice. In the other sense, I am someone who truly loves being around water, whether it be the ocean, a river or a lake. My favorite places to travel always include areas with beaches and water, if I can help it.
6) Friends - My friends are like family to me. I don't know what I would do without my close friends. I talk to my friends daily and am always there to offer them a shoulder when they need it. Things like Facebook and other social networking sites have brought me closer to people from my past and allow us to keep up in each other's lives.
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 26–38
- Near me
- Who are single
- For long-term dating