Find better matches with our advanced
24 • M • Chicago, IL
I’m looking for
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 18–28
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last Online
- Mar 31
- 6′ 0″ (1.83m)
- Body Type
- Strictly anything
- Other, and somewhat serious about it
- Scorpio, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from masters program
- Less than $20,000
- Relationship Status
- Relationship Type
- Doesn’t have kids
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- English (Fluently), Spanish (Okay), Sign Language (Okay)
I'm currently studying for the national EMT certification at Malcolm X College, and also teaching freshmen how to write at SAIC. I pay my rent with a book advance some people were dumb enough to give me, for a book where I basically just retell myths like it's 3AM and I'm drunk on chat. Still not entirely sure how that happened.
Before this, I traveled. At home and abroad, on foot and in cars powered by vegetable oil. I'd like to distill what I've learned from my travels down to a couple of wise precepts, but mainly I learned stories. Not to say there aren't wise precepts buried in the stories, but those experiences were too big to summarize.
I fiddle with electronics sometimes. I'm working on a pair of gloves that will allow me to type by touching fingers to palms. If you're good with code, I will interrogate you ceaselessly.
I live in a crazy huge craft castle in Garfield Park, home to three roommates, six chickens, and ten sewing machines.
Remembering my dreams
Finding a radial pulse
Flying by the seat of my pants
The Bone People (By Keri Hulme. READ THIS!)
Once and Future King
Gun with Occasional music
The Manual of Detection
Hunter S. Thompson
Ursula K Leguinn
Jorge Luis Borges
I can justify these selections for HOURS but each one of these items is a whole conversation in itself. Maybe multiple conversations. Let's talk about Borges and never stop.
The Usual Suspects
Thief and the Cobbler
Aeon Flux (until they start talking all the damn time)
I have made a concerted effort not to dislike anything. When I find a food I don't like, I find someone who likes it and get them to explain how it tastes to them, and I learn how to taste that. A good example would be chocolate, which I don't naturally like. I suppose if I had to pick favorites I'd go with my stepmother's Puerto Rican rice and beans, my brother in law's pecan coated catfish and gumbo, and my chili. I like all of these better when I make them myself. Actually, I like everything better when I make it myself. It's the satisfaction of having accomplished something.
* Readables - specifically yellowed sci-fi novels for a dollar
* My feet - if there's nothing to read and nothing to do then I start walking around
* A bike. I like to arrange my life so that exercise is incidental to whatever else I'm doing. Plus biking is cheap, and it puts me in a good mood.
* Blue tape
* Pockets - for putting all of the above things in. Other than my feet, and a bike. Although I do sometimes pocket some shoes for when I need to get into restaurants.
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.