I'm here hoping to find someone real. I value warmth, intelligence, curiosity, and a sense of humor. Or at least enough of a sense of humor that you'll put up with my jokes. (According to OKCupid's 3-variable funny test, I desire to see more testicles on fire. I'm quite intrigued by thenir use of the word "more"....)
I have myriad interests, only a few of which are in the mainstream. Unfortunately, as I am not, nor do I ever aspire to be a hipster, that does not make me hip or ironic. I do hope it makes me adorkable, though. I love:
• Classical music (and am trying to educate myself on opera).
• Traveling (okay, that one's mainstream). Been to 47 states and 20 countries.
• Flying. I'm planning on getting my pilot's license as soon as I finish saving up the moolah it's going to cost to get my license.
• Science, astronomy, cosmology, particle physics.
• Food. OK, a semi-mainstream interest. I love eating out, I love classic cocktails, and I love entertaining (i.e., I love to cook when it's for other people). I strive to get to the point when people ask me, "Have you been to ____ restaurant?" and the odds are better than 50% that I have.
If you share some of my interests, great! And if not, let's learn from each other.