I'm here hoping to find someone real. I value warmth, intelligence, curiosity, and a sense of humor. Or at least enough of a sense of humor that you'll put up with my jokes. (According to OKCupid's 3-variable funny test, I desire to see more testicles on fire. I'm quite intrigued by their use of the word "more"....)
I'm far from cookie cutter. In my life, I have never found anyone whose interests exactly overlap with mine, which is fine. (How would you grow if you only hung around clones?) If you share some of my interests, below, great! And if not, let's learn from each other. This is what I think defines me:
• My warmth.
• My love of family and friends. I think there's nothing more important than the love of those around you.
• My love of music. Specifically, classical music. During the fall, winter, and spring, I'm at Lincoln Center all the time. During the summer, I love road tripping out to a place called Tanglewood tucked in the Berkshire mountains of Western Massachusetts, where you can break out a picnic and a bottle of wine and listen to the Boston Symphony Orchestra under the stars.
• My love of food and wine. (See the Food section, below.) I love eating more than cooking, but I do love throwing dinner parties because it brings people together.
• My love of science. I know it sounds nerdy, and maybe it is. But the world is an interesting place. Did you know that there are far more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on Earth? That thought always puts life into perspective. Knowing what we're made of and why we're here is an endlessly fascinating topic for me.
• My love of travel. Yeah, everyone says this one. I still think I have a stronger sense of wanderlust than most people. I have been so incredibly lucky to have seen a lot of the world, yet still I feel like I haven't seen anything. I can't wait to see more.