1. I like to take up new hobbies from time to time, but a few have kept my interest for many years: tennis, reading, creative writing, and Sid Meier's Civilization. I run a lot, but I don't think it counts as a hobby, because it's a means to an important end.
2. There's a lot about DC I love, but I kind of wish I were living in the bay area.
3. Good food and quality drinks comprise most of my monthly expenses, aside from rent, utilities, and trips.
4. I am from St. Louis, which has amazing urban parks, a pretty good craft beer scene, and a huge arch.
5. I love skiing, hiking, and even just admiring mountains, even though I'm from somewhere that is very flat.
6. I think a man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.
7. I grow hot peppers on my balcony.
8. I like to make lists.