So we'll try brevity now.
* Loving, caring, faithful: I've had 5 relationships in my life, 4 of whom cheated on me. No hard feelings, but I wouldn't do that to someone else.
* NOT looking to jump in bed with anyone. It's been 14 years for me, and I'm in no hurry to change that.
* Church three times a week. I'm not really a religious person, I just like helping to set up, and participating in, community outreach programs. Looking forward to (re)starting the church band.
* Patience, understanding and forgiveness: The little spats that couples in relationships have really aren't as big a deal as some guys make it. Let the small stuff go.
* Warped, twisted sense of humor. Of course, you won't see any of that in this section.
* Two rules in dating: 1) The girl is always right, and 2) It's always the guy's fault. Some may say this isn't true, and they're probably right...but it really doesn't matter. It worked.
* Use to be a writer. Published six short novels, and a plethora of novel excerpts, short stories and poetry.
* Hardcore geek: I spend hours a day writing code to build websites. Currently the owner/operator of one of the largest streaming TV/Movie websites in existence. If you choose to file this under 'Bad points', then you're not the droid I'm looking for.
Bad points: (I've had 38 years of cumulative crap, so this won't be a short list.
* I'm a smoker, and have no desire to quit. I've already quit much worse things than cigarettes. For example:
* Formerly addicted to pain killers (opiates)
* Still addicted to "air quotes". Can't stop. Tried. It's like everything is "ironic" to me, except for actual irony, which always seems to be sad.
* Did four years in federal prison for someone else's crime.
* Have a 13 year old daughter, who means more to me than anyone in the world. Of course, that's a good thing to me, but some women just prefer to be the center of the guy's universe. Sorry, but no one can compete with her.
* Have my own house, but struggling to avoid foreclosure.
* 420 Friendly. Again, you might see this as a bad thing, but not me.
* No car. Well, not running anyway. The ol' man killed the transmission in it right before he died.
* Broke. What money I gain from spending hours a day on a roof in sub-zero temperatures is used to keep myself and my house going.
I'm happy enough being single. It's worked well for me for 14 years. If I come off sounding like I really couldn't care less about making a good impression, it's because I really don't. The truth is always more important than selling myself on some dating website. Most of the women I've talked to on here in the last 3 years are some of the worst examples of human beings I've ever seen. I'm starting to think it's a Michigan thing, so...bonus points if you moved here from the Rural South.
And with that, I bid you adieu. And should you happen to message me after all that, well...I guess it would be an absolute fucking miracle.