Career wise, ask me in person. Gotta save something for later. ;) I will say that I'm a jack of multiple trades, my passion is Marine Biology/Marine Environmental Science but I'm not established in the field yet. If you are a fellow Biology/Environmental Science major and have some advice or could potentially help change that, skip the rest of my profile and message me now please! I will pay back your kindness with massages and addicting cooking! :) And/or a random getaway if we vibe well.
Some Interest include:
Swimming, scuba diving, meditation, fencing, psychology, photography, cosplay, Anime, paranormal/metaphysics, Celtic lore and Iaido.
• My smile and dimples.
• My eyes when they change color from time to time.
• Am told I exude a sense of balance & calmness; at least half of the time paired with the comment that I must be an old soul.
• Occasionally one of my accents if it is drawn out; I have several naturally and pick up others if I am around it for long enough.
•If at Barnes & Nobles: "What the... is that guy really about to buy all those books!?" No, there's more than likely a second pile nearby that you aren't seeing at that moment. A third pile?! Also, not out the realm of possibilities.
ALL THE BOOKS!!! LOVE to read and go through them faster than cells multiply (okay, maybe not THAT fast but it seems like it at times!) I read a lot of Science Fiction and Paranormal mysteries; also unapologetically a fan of Dystopian novels. If someone I trust recommends a title, I'm willing to give it a try no matter what the genre. Some of my favorite authors include Sergei Lukyanenko, Tamora Pierce, David Clement-Davies, Suzzane Collins, Veronica Roth, Keri Arthur, G.P. Taylor, Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, Faith Hunter, J.R. Rowling, Stephanie Meyer, Douglass Adams and Neal Shusterman
**Anyone have any recommendations as to what other amazing books might be worth reading?**
Anything by Hayao Miyazaki or Pixar, Indiana Jones & The Raiders of The Lost Jedi Temple of Doom(No, I did not make this up, go google it or come over and watch it. Was awesome~), Bad Boyz I & II, Vampire Hunter D, and The Fast & The Furious Collection, to name "a few". Believe me, there's a lot more.
Favorite TV Shows:
In short, give me anime, sci-fi, crime/mystery, cooking, comedy, nature or supernatural/paranormal and I'm usually content, though there are other things I like as well. To name a few: NCIS (Gibbs & Abby ftw!), Akame Ga Kill, Family Guy, The Walking Dead, & Castle among others. I haven't gotten into Game of Thrones yet (only seen two random episodes from the fifth season) but looks amazing and planning to start it soon. Care to watch with me/be my GoT guide?
Music - yes please! Lately I've especially been into a lot of Blues, Techno/Trance, Swiss/Celtic Folk Metal & instrumentals from various sources but any type has the potential to move me. ANYTHING by the London Philharmonic Orchestra is an instant win with me. I don't just have one defined type I like.
Final Fantasy Series, Dragon Age Series, Breath of Fire 3 & 4, The Tales Series, Mass Effect Series, The Legend Of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts Series, Skyrim, Diablo 3 (RPGs as a whole, really), Agricola, Scrabble, Bang!, Cards Against Humanity and Apples To Apples among others.
Japanese, Italian, Hispanic, Thai, Soup Dumplings(must learn to make these...), Chinese and Indian; they are all delicious. I'll try most types of foods once and then again to see if I like it. Then buy the ingredients to experiment on ways to make it even better and more addicting to those who try it after I'm through.
1. Nature - Especially Rain & Thunderstorms. (You would think having been attacked by a Black Bear in the middle of the night on a camping trip would make me change my thoughts here, but nope. Love the bear too!)
2. My friends & and those I call my true family be they blood related or not(I know they aren't 'things' but shush). Especially my six god children. :)
3. Stories/Books by my favorite authors
4. My memory foam bed (How did I go so many years without it?!?)
6. And magic in its many forms.
• Zombie Apocalypse related debates with friends
• New recipes I'd like to re-create/invent when I'm cooking.
• When my favorite authors are going to release their new novels (I go through good books VERY quickly!)
• Empathy and other forms of extrasensory perception/communication
• Kink & Sexy-times (Real talk. We're all adults here - or, at least, we know how to fake being adults as necessary)
• Planning next trip to visit my god children and other friends/places I’d like to see worldwide.
• The many guises under which racism/sexism exist today to the point where it's been semi-socially acceptable.
• The world, the spaces in between and beyond.
• I get caught in my head sometimes, thinking too much about some things. It's a blessing and a curse; can lead to frustration mentally but helps me foresee issues, find creative solutions and get people I care about out of problems.
• Despite how social I am, I find myself preferring the company of animals to most people. I don't see a problem here; animals are awesomesauce! If you haven't taken a nap amidst a cuddle pile of animals at least once, you are missing out on a key life moment.
• If I make you one of my specialty dishes (ex: Baked Ziti, one of my signature Pad Thais, etc) and it's not a holiday or special occasion, I'm essentially saying "I really really like you". And possibly also saying "And I want you, do you want me too?" Your move... Yes... It's Carly Rae Jepsen... Don't judge me, it's catchy!
• You are someone who is open-minded, respectful and accepting of people for all of their unique identities. Have close friends of many different orientations and mentalities; if you can't respect that then it won't work out in any regard.
• Want to go out for a drink/coffee/food/random hike and get to know one another face to face at some point as oppose to fifty emails (assuming we are both in the same relative area). Best way to get to know someone tends to be in person. Bonus if you'd like to do so while sharing/inventing recipes amidst a kitchen of delightful chaos.
• If you will be merciful and assist in my education of all things Game of Thrones. Another option: You enjoy board games/video games and would like someone to play with (or would like to be introduced to them to see if you might actually enjoy them).
Disclaimer: Despite what the "I'm Looking For" says, feel free to contact me no matter where you may be located or what my supposed preferences are listed as on OKC - I'm always up for meeting new people be they in another state or country(two of my current best friends I met through OKC live overseas; we hang out over the summers as we can). Gives me more potential places to travel to!