Find better matches with our advanced
28 • Brooklyn, NY • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 18–43
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last Online
- Online now!
- Black, Hispanic / Latin, Other
- 5′ 11″ (1.80m)
- Body Type
- Aries, and it’s fun to think about
- Graduated from masters program
- Sales / Marketing
- Relationship Status
- Relationship Type
- Doesn’t have kids, but wants them
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- English (Fluently), Spanish (Fluently), Japanese (Poorly), Italian (Poorly), Latin (Okay)
Career wise, ask me in person. Gotta save something for later. ;) I will say that my passion is Marine Biology/Marine Environmental Science but I'm not established in the field with a paid position yet; working full time somewhere else in the meantime. If you are a fellow Marine Biologist/Marine Environmental Scientist and have some advice or could potentially help change that, skip the rest of my profile and message me now please! I will pay back your kindness with massages and addicting cooking! :)
Some Interest include:
Swimming, scuba diving, meditation, fencing, psychology, traveling, photography, cosplay, Anime, paranormal/metaphysics, Celtic lore and Iaido.
• My smile and dimples.
• My eyes when they change color from time to time.
• Am told I exude a sense of balance & calmness; at least half of the time paired with the comment that I must be an old soul.
• Occasionally one of my accents if it is drawn out as I have several.
•If at Barnes & Nobles: "What the... is that guy really about to buy all those books!?" No, there's more than likely a second pile nearby that you aren't seeing at that moment.
ALL THE BOOKS!!! LOVE to read and go through them faster than cells multiply (okay, maybe not THAT fast but it seems like it at times!) I read a lot of Science Fiction and Paranormal mysteries; also unapologetically a fan of Dystopian novels. If someone I trust recommends a title, I'm willing to give it a try no matter what the genre. Some of my favorite authors include Sergei Lukyanenko, Tamora Pierce, David Clement-Davies, Suzzane Collins, Veronica Roth, Keri Arthur, G.P. Taylor, Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, Faith Hunter, J.R. Rowling, Stephanie Meyer, Douglass Adams and Neal Shusterman
**Anyone have any recommendations as to what other amazing books might be worth reading?**
Anything by Hayao Miyazaki or Pixar, Indiana Jones & The Raiders of The Lost Jedi Temple of Doom(No, I did not make this up, go google it or come over and watch it. Was awesome~), The Fifth Element, Guyver, The Lord Of The Rings, Rush Hour Trilogy, Bad Boyz I & II, Vampire Hunter D, The Fast & The Furious Collection, The Dark Knight, Wanted, The Pirates Of The Caribbean Saga, Spaceballs, Accepted, Last Samurai, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Pitch Black, The Chronicles Of Riddick, XXX, Princess Mononoke, America Pie Series, Constantine, Equilibrium, 50 First Dates, Kick Ass & The Covenant to name "a few". Believe me, there's a lot more.
Favorite TV Shows:
In short, give me anime, sci-fi, crime/mystery, cooking, comedy, nature or supernatural/paranormal and I'm usually content, though there are other things I like as well. To name a few: NCIS (Gibbs & Abby ftw!), American Dad, Family Guy, Dead Like Me, Eureka, Sanctuary, The Secret Circle, The Walking Dead, Law & Order SVU, Ghost Hunters, Falling Skies, Futurama, Defiance, Naruto, Burn Notice, Full Metal Alchemist, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, Dexter, Doctor Who, Dark Angel, Firefly(It's STILL too soon!), Bones & Castle among others.
Music - yes please! Lately I've especially been into a lot of Blues, Techno/Trance, Swiss/Celtic Folk Metal & instrumentals from various sources but any type has the potential to move me. ANYTHING by the London Philharmonic Orchestra is an instant win with me. I don't just have one defined type I like.
Final Fantasy Series, Breath of Fire 3 & 4, The Tales Series, Mass Effect Series, The Legend Of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Skyrim, Diablo 3 (RPGs as a whole really), Agricola, Scrabble, Bang!, Cards Against Humanity and Apples To Apples among others.
Japanese, Italian, Hispanic, Thai, Soup Dumplings(must learn to make these...), Chinese and Indian; they are all delicious. I'll try most types of foods once and then again to see if I like it. Then buy the ingredients to experiment on ways to make it even better and more addicting to those who try it after I'm through.
1. Nature - Especially Rain & Thunderstorms. (You would think having been attacked by a Black Bear in the middle of the night on a camping trip would make me change my thoughts here, but nope. Love the bear too!)
2. My friends & and those I call my true family be they blood related or not(I know they aren't 'things' but shush). Especially my five god children. :)
3. Stories/Books by my favorite authors
4. My heart (Literally/Metaphorically)
6. And magic in its many forms.
Nature, friends, family, my writing, what books I need to pickup at Barnes & Nobles ASAP, places I'd like to travel to next, new cooking recipes, Zombie Apocalypse related debates with friends, The Way Station, miracles that have happened in my life & Steampunk events. And, I'm a living creature and we're all adults so I'll be real and say sex here and there. (If you just thought something along the lines of "You're a guy, even if you were dead you'd still be thinking about sex" A. Shhh! B. Women do so as well, I know better! & C. You and I would probably getting along REALLY well; that's my favorite sense of humor.)
Below The Surface:
• How to help people through their addictions
• Empathy and other forms of extrasensory perception/communication
• Recipe variants/new creations for my friends and family or are either vegetarian, vegan, diabetic or have special dietary needs.
• The past/present/future, and all realms in between.
• Sex-positivity, consent/respect culture and the need for more education in these areas.
• Planning next trip to visit my four god children and other friends/places I’d like to see worldwide.
• When my favorite authors are going to release their new novels. I go through good books VERY quickly!
That aside, there isn't a set pattern to what I do. Sometimes I'm out with friends, sometimes walking in the park with my mind worlds away. I could be going for a weekend roadtrip or I might be in my public home away from home with friends - Union Square. Having a board game night at a friends place, hosting some event at my place or even just be at home with a good book, video game or movie with music playing on the computer and a glass of wine near by. Anything can happen and I'm always up for new suggestions. Maybe my Friday nights can start including you?
I am not really a private person at all with maybe a handful of exceptions. Ask any questions & I usually will tell. But for your curiosities, here's a few.
• Despite how social I am, I find myself preferring the company of animals to most people. I don't see a problem here; animals are awesomesauce! If you haven't taken a nap amidst a cuddle pile of animals at least once, you are missing out on a key life moment.
• My friends mutually agree that my fingers should be registered as lethal weapons of mass destruction when it comes to my massages. According to them, people get so thoroughly relaxed that you'd think you were taking happy pills. I couldn't help but grin when I was told this in consensus.
As long as you have a sense of humor, are honest, kind & the concept of forming actual bonds aren't something that makes you want to flee in terror, I think we'll do just fine. If any of the following apply to you, bonus points; by all means message me. These aren't the only reasons to do so though, so don't be shy! I like people who take initiative. And don't let percentages discourage/overly influence you if you think we'd get along.
• Walking Dead, Doctor Who and/or Avatar/Legend of Korra Marathons. Enough said! Firefly definitely works too~
• You have pets I can play with. I promise to pay attention to you as well! But, fyi, animals tend to adopt me so you might have to wrestle them off.
• You are the type of person who wouldn't be opposed to laying on the grass in the middle of a thunderstorm and/or staying up late at night chatting about any number of topics.
• You are someone who is open-minded, respectful and accepting of people for all of their unique identities.
• You want to go out for a drink/coffee/food/random hike and get to know one another face to face at some point as oppose to fifty emails (assuming we are both in the same relative area). Best way to get to know someone tends to be in person. Bonus if you'd like to do so while sharing/inventing recipes amidst a kitchen of delightful chaos.
Disclaimer: Despite what the "I'm Looking For" says, feel free to contact me no matter where you may be located or what my supposed preferences are listed as on OKC - I'm always up for meeting new people be they in another state or country(two of my current best friends I met through OKC live overseas; we hang out over the summers as we can). Gives me more potential places to travel to!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.