Find better matches with our advanced
28 • Brooklyn, NY • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 18–43
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Yesterday – 7:17pm
- Black, Hispanic / Latin, Other
- 5′ 11″ (1.80m)
- Body type
- Aries, and it’s fun to think about
- Graduated from masters program
- Sales / Marketing
- Doesn’t have kids, but wants them
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- English (Fluently), Spanish (Fluently), Japanese (Poorly), Italian (Poorly), Latin (Okay)
Career wise, ask me in person. Gotta save something for later. ;) I will say that my passion is Marine Biology/Marine Environmental Science but I'm not established in the field yet. If you are a fellow Marine Biologist/Marine Environmental Scientist and have some advice or could potentially help change that, skip the rest of my profile and message me now please! I will pay back your kindness with massages and addicting cooking! :) And/or a random getaway if we vibe well.
Some Interest include:
Swimming, scuba diving, meditation, fencing, psychology, photography, cosplay, Anime, paranormal/metaphysics, Celtic lore and Iaido.
• My smile and dimples.
• My eyes when they change color from time to time.
• Am told I exude a sense of balance & calmness; at least half of the time paired with the comment that I must be an old soul.
• Occasionally one of my accents if it is drawn out as I have several.
•If at Barnes & Nobles: "What the... is that guy really about to buy all those books!?" No, there's more than likely a second pile nearby that you aren't seeing at that moment.
ALL THE BOOKS!!! LOVE to read and go through them faster than cells multiply (okay, maybe not THAT fast but it seems like it at times!) I read a lot of Science Fiction and Paranormal mysteries; also unapologetically a fan of Dystopian novels. If someone I trust recommends a title, I'm willing to give it a try no matter what the genre. Some of my favorite authors include Sergei Lukyanenko, Tamora Pierce, David Clement-Davies, Suzzane Collins, Veronica Roth, Keri Arthur, G.P. Taylor, Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, Faith Hunter, J.R. Rowling, Stephanie Meyer, Douglass Adams and Neal Shusterman
Currently Reading: "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles" by Haruki Murakami
**Anyone have any recommendations as to what other amazing books might be worth reading?**
Anything by Hayao Miyazaki or Pixar, Indiana Jones & The Raiders of The Lost Jedi Temple of Doom(No, I did not make this up, go google it or come over and watch it. Was awesome~), The Fifth Element, Guyver, The Lord Of The Rings, Rush Hour Trilogy, Bad Boyz I & II, Vampire Hunter D, The Fast & The Furious Collection, The Dark Knight, Wanted, The Pirates Of The Caribbean Saga, Spaceballs, Accepted, Last Samurai, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Pitch Black, The Chronicles Of Riddick, XXX, Princess Mononoke, America Pie Series, Constantine, Equilibrium, 50 First Dates, Kick Ass & The Covenant to name "a few". Believe me, there's a lot more.
Favorite TV Shows:
In short, give me anime, sci-fi, crime/mystery, cooking, comedy, nature or supernatural/paranormal and I'm usually content, though there are other things I like as well. To name a few: NCIS (Gibbs & Abby ftw!), American Dad, Family Guy, Dead Like Me, Eureka, Sanctuary, The Secret Circle, The Walking Dead, Law & Order SVU, Ghost Hunters, Falling Skies, Futurama, Defiance, Naruto, Burn Notice, Full Metal Alchemist, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, Dexter, Doctor Who, Dark Angel, Firefly(It's STILL too soon!), Bones & Castle among others.
Music - yes please! Lately I've especially been into a lot of Blues, Techno/Trance, Swiss/Celtic Folk Metal & instrumentals from various sources but any type has the potential to move me. ANYTHING by the London Philharmonic Orchestra is an instant win with me. I don't just have one defined type I like.
Final Fantasy Series, Dragon Age Series, Breath of Fire 3 & 4, The Tales Series, Mass Effect Series, The Legend Of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts Series, Skyrim, Diablo 3 (RPGs as a whole really), Agricola, Scrabble, Bang!, Cards Against Humanity and Apples To Apples among others.
Japanese, Italian, Hispanic, Thai, Soup Dumplings(must learn to make these...), Chinese and Indian; they are all delicious. I'll try most types of foods once and then again to see if I like it. Then buy the ingredients to experiment on ways to make it even better and more addicting to those who try it after I'm through.
1. Nature - Especially Rain & Thunderstorms. (You would think having been attacked by a Black Bear in the middle of the night on a camping trip would make me change my thoughts here, but nope. Love the bear too!)
2. My friends & and those I call my true family be they blood related or not(I know they aren't 'things' but shush). Especially my five god children. :)
3. Stories/Books by my favorite authors
4. My heart (Literally/Metaphorically)
6. And magic in its many forms.
• Zombie Apocalypse related debates with friends
• New recipes I'd like to re-create/invent when I'm cooking.
• When my favorite authors are going to release their new novels (I go through good books VERY quickly!)
• Empathy and other forms of extrasensory perception/communication
• Sex-positivity, consent/respect culture and the need for more education in these areas.
• Planning next trip to visit my four god children and other friends/places I’d like to see worldwide.
• The many guises under which racism exist today to the point where it's been semi-socially acceptable until recently. Being of a mixed background, you definitely see your fair share over the years. Doubly so having worked retail. -_-;
• Can men truly be called feminist or just feminist allies? (The answer seems to vary from person to person in passionate degrees. There seems to be no consensus and have witness arguments break out over the 'wrong term' being used..)
That aside, there isn't a set pattern to what I do. Sometimes I'm out with friends, sometimes walking in the park with my mind worlds away. I could be going for a weekend roadtrip or I might be in my public home away from home with friends - Union Square. Having a board game night at a friends place, hosting some event at my place or even just be at home with a good book, video game or movie with music playing on the computer and a glass of wine near by. Anything can happen and I'm always up for new suggestions. Maybe my Friday nights can start including you?
• Despite how social I am, I find myself preferring the company of animals to most people. I don't see a problem here; animals are awesomesauce! If you haven't taken a nap amidst a cuddle pile of animals at least once, you are missing out on a key life moment.
• My friends mutually agree that my fingers should be registered as either weapons and/or drugs between my massages and cooking. People get so thoroughly relaxed and contented that you'd think you were taking happy pills. I couldn't help but grin when I was told this in consensus.
• Walking Dead, Doctor Who and/or Avatar/Legend of Korra Marathons. Enough said! Firefly definitely works too~
• You have pets I can play with. I promise to pay attention to you as well! But, fyi, animals tend to adopt me so you might have to wrestle them off.
• You are someone who is open-minded, respectful and accepting of people for all of their unique identities.
• You want to go out for a drink/coffee/food/random hike and get to know one another face to face at some point as oppose to fifty emails (assuming we are both in the same relative area). Best way to get to know someone tends to be in person. Bonus if you'd like to do so while sharing/inventing recipes amidst a kitchen of delightful chaos.
• You want to get to know me so you can get me to feed you and/or bum professional grade massages free. If so, just fess up. I'm not necessarily opposed, just be upfront about it. :-P
• Traveling/road/camping trips are up your alley and you'd be interested in tagging along.
Disclaimer: Despite what the "I'm Looking For" says, feel free to contact me no matter where you may be located or what my supposed preferences are listed as on OKC - I'm always up for meeting new people be they in another state or country(two of my current best friends I met through OKC live overseas; we hang out over the summers as we can). Gives me more potential places to travel to!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.