Find better matches with our advanced matching system
45 / M / Bisexual / Available
His journal posts
Aug 3, 2008
Do you believe that your government should fund embryonic stem cell research that would require the destruction of additional human embryos?This question is bogus and a lie. Conservative idiot know nothings wrote it. Maybe they should take a science class now and again so they don't look so stupid.
- I'm not sure.
- I don't care.
Aug 3, 2008
Imagine that you win an 8-figure lottery (i.e., $10M or more). Which of the following would be closest to how you would handle the winnings?Seems like the 3rd choice should be listed last. Just my gut feeling is all.
- Buy all those toys.
- Invest for the future.
- A balance of the above.
- Give to family, friends, and/or charity.
Aug 15, 2007
Assume you are involved in a serious relationship. At what point would you begin looking for new potential partners?This question has two slight flaws that I can see.
- When the relationship is not going well.
- When I am certain that the relationship will end.
- After the relationship is formally terminated.
- All of the time.
1. The question is missing the word "replacement" in the question. At first I assumed that this question was for mono and open relationships, but really the question is missing a word or two to make the question cover a wider audience or a narrower audience if the question is only for the monogamous. If the question is only for mono people, then the word "replacement" would be acceptable and then I could skip this question easily. Also the word "begin" leads me to believe that this writer is writing for the monogamous only. A person in a serious open relationship would not 'begin' to look for "new potential partners" but would never have stopped in theory. But I guess their are closed triads and quads who might find this wording fine. *smile*
2. The last choice of "All the time" could have two meanings. It could mean, that "I am mono and I always look at other people as potential new partners to trade up my current one"... Which no one would probably ever choose. Or it could mean "All the time because I am in an open relationship." But now that I think more about it, I think the writer of the question is more leaning to the cheater mentality by "All of the time". Perhaps a better fourth choice would be "All of the time/I am in an open relationship" ?
Apr 12, 2007
Let's say you work for the governement. You discover confidential documents proving that the organization you work for is misusing public funds. Which would you do?
- Go to the media.
- Go to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
- Leverage the information to further my career.
- Ignore it.
The word governement is spelled wrong above. Strange that the people on okcupid who vote on the questions did not catch it ?
Apr 12, 2007
Are you ready to settle down and get married right now?
- No way.
- Get married yes, settle down no.
- Get married no, settle down yes.
This question is useless to those of us in open marriages. Simple as that. The question should never have been accepted to okcupid.
Mar 24, 2007
Which is more respectable, a sense of responsibility towards others, or a willful sense of individualism?
The two choices are not mutually exclusive. So why choose ?
I have an art car, yet I still respect other's choices of car's colors, art, bumper stickers, etc...
Perhaps the person who wrote this was hinting at communism vs capitalism ?
Feb 18, 2007
What if you found out, just before the wedding, that the Love of your Life was Sterile and unable to ever have kids?
- Break off the Wedding
- Continue the Wedding and Adopt
- Continue the Wedding and Not Adopt
- Celebrate and get Married
This question assumes too much. Firstly, gays, and lesbians (whom are supposedly accepted on okcuid, but are not ever shown in advert photos) cannot get married in most countries. So this question is probably boring or offensive to them.
Secondly, it does not include the option to do fertility drugs or sperm/egg donors.
Thirdly, I know a few okcupid people who have said they would never marry, so this question could have been worded better. Instead of "just before the wedding" it could be "after 5 years into a relationship" and then the answers could be reworded to be "Break up right away" etc...
Feb 6, 2007
Do like to wear sexy underwear?
This question is missing a word. It should be "Do you like to wear sexy underwear?"
Jan 24, 2007
Would you prefer to date someone way dumber than you, or way smarter?
- Way smarter
- Way dumber
This okcupid question is a repeat question. I already answered it about 20 questions ago earlier tonight.
Jan 18, 2007
While shopping at a superstore (e.g. Wal-Mart, Target, etc.), if you change your mind about buying something you've picked up, do you walk back to where you found it to put it back?
Here is another over-simplified okcupid question that got approved !
Jeez.... If I am up at the counter and by myself, then why go all the way back to where I got the item. Chances are I might not find the same spot it came from unless I only had 3 items. Anyway, up at the front of the store is usually a cart full of jumbled items left there by customers anyway. But then if I am still half way in the giant store, then I often return the item to spot that I got it. Not that hard to retrace 3 rows back whence I came. But if I am with other people in the store, then I sometimes send them to the line and I will go back and put the thing back on the shelf (if I remember where I got it.) Sometimes I return stuff back to the shelf for other people ! Freak I am, yes. But if the item is heavy, then I will return it to where I got it. (I like the exercise) But then if it is a tiny item, then it shouldn't be to hard for a store clerk to restock the item from the front.
Lastly, it depends on how much of a rush I am in as to whether I will return an item to its home away from home. *grin*