* As you can see by scrolling down the length of this profile, I'm kind of long-winded sometimes. Sorry about that.
* After spending the majority of my life in Colorado, I decided it was time for a change last July. I packed everything I owned into my car and drove down to Tampa.
* I play percussion instruments, dabble in strings and own an accordion. Though I probably use it more than any of my other instruments, I am not particularly good at the accordion. I have been paid to professionally play music exactly once in my lifetime, a night playing in a vibraphone-trumpet jazz duet at a bar. I made $150 plus tips. That was a pretty good night. Being a gigging musician would be awesome, but I'm only good at playing instruments that nobody wants to hear. :(
* Hockey and soccer are my favorites, but I'll watch most sports if you put them in front of me. (Basketball is the most notable exception to that rule.) My team preferences include a garglemesh of teams from Buffalo and Colorado, with a garnish of European and Asian soccer on top.
* My writing style has been called 'conversational', which is really just a nice way of saying that I use way too goddamn many asides.
* Geology and paleontology are my favorite sciences.
* I'm from Colorado, but I've never smoked a joint. In fact, I've never tried any drugs at all except for alcohol. Even then, I abstained until I turned 21. Aren't I a fine, law abiding citizen?
* Russian Blues are my favorite breed of cat. At some point I would like to own one. I will name it Bok Choy. Do not question why I am naming a Russian cat after a Chinese food.
* I have never uploaded a picture with the OKCupid Android app.